“Friendly, clean, and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Alpine Village Suites
100 Thunderbird Road, Taos Ski Valley, NM 87525   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Taos Ski Valley
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Friendly, clean, and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Spent a weekend during the summer, so I got a great deal on a king suite. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean, and the bed felt like a dream after a long day hiking and shopping. The sound of the stream running by the hotel just lulls you to sleep. Even though summer is off-season for Taos Ski Valley, there were a couple shops open and the restaurant next door was open for lunch and dinner. Decent food, too. Of course, if you want something a little fancier for dinner, or want to do some shopping, the drive down to Taos only takes maybe 15 minutes. I couldn't have been happier

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Yukon,OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

I liked everything about this Hotel except our bed which I think is the most important thing. My husband and I couldnt sleep at all the bed was so uncomfortable. I ended up getting up in the middle of the night and sleeping on the pull our sofa which ofcourse wasnt much better. New quality matresses would make this place perfect.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

Just returned from a weekend at Alpine Village. We stayed in one of the suites (king with pullout bed) and mini kitchenette. It was just perfect for our family. Decent sized, and a very comfortable bed! Only downsize was dim lighting in bath area. Loved the location (we usually stay down the road from the village area) but never again. We'll be back!

Also, I had accidently left some jewelry in the room when we left. By the time we got home, there was a message telling me that the cleaning crew had found it and turned it into the front desk!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Taos NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

When planning our wedding in the Taos Ski Valley, we ran across this property. We met with Kim to recieve the tour and detail pricing of our event. With most of our wedding guests coming from out of town, we wanted to be sure out guests would be comfortable. Kim was outstanding in providing nothing but professional and friendly service. Then she was also able to arrange a group rafting trip for our guests, which made things very convenient for us all. Once our guests arrived (I believe we occupied around an average of 15 rooms per night for several nights) everyone was very happy with thier accomodations. There were a few unforseen glitches, but the property responded quickly and more importantly took care of our guests. Thanks to Alpine Village, both sides of our family are discusing bringing a family reunion back to the area- thier experiences were terrific.
Thank you so much for a wonderful wedding weekend!
Shawna and Josan Perales

Stayed June 2009
Fort Worth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

Alpine Village Suites is not all it’s cracked up to be. We stayed in cottams cabin and first of all the pictures on the internet are an unbelievable far cry from what you actually get. This cabin would have been livable for one couple but not much more than that. The loft is right above the master bed room and there is a vertical 7 step ladder about 3 feet from the end of the master bed up to the loft. It would have been ok if you had two young kids but a little uncomfortable for two young couples (no privacy). It says sleep 6...ya right, it’s was barley big enough for four suit cases. The kitchen is not full size, our TV didn't work and most importantly they advertise free wifi (but it's not at cottams cabin). The funny thing about that is that they actually say it on the internet and the big sign in front of cottams cabin says free High speed internet. I asked the lady and the front desk and they looked at me like I was crazy. We called the receptionist upon arrival at the cabin and told her that this is not what we expected and she was very nice and understanding and said "oh I can completely understand where you are coming from. I'll have someone call you back and work something out". We never heard from them and when we checked out, and I brought the subject up again, they were rude. The lady I spoke to on the phone was staring me in the face and making up excuses, a complete 180 from the cordial phone conversation made upon arrival. All in all, it was an uncomfortable experience for the four of us at the cabin. If you dare venture to Taos don’t stay at cottams cabin unless it is just one couple. My advice.....unless you are on a really tight budget, don’t go skiing in NM. I am usually pretty understanding and can roll with a lot of different situations especially when I’m on vacation, and not working, but Taos was not anything special. If you are used to skiing Colorado/Utah type places…Taos is not for you.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
pacific palisades, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

We've stayed at the Alpine for 5 days each of the last two winters and are planning our trip for next year. This is a great value for those who don't need "luxury" and prefer carrying their own bags. Taos is not Vail or Aspen.
The suites are clean and comfortable, the kitchens great for cooking up a few pancakes or some pasta/soup for lunch. The staff has always been helpful (they let me print our boarding passes from the computer in the office) and I've never had a problem with billing.
The location cannot be beat since you are literally steps from the ski school and lifts.
Also, check out the pizza / italian place near the entrance. We get takeout from them at least half of the nights - soups, salads, pastas, pizzas all hit the spot after a long day skiing.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
CALIFORNIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2009

The Alpine Village Suites -- is perfectly located right next to the slopes. Beware -- there are two locations, one a mile away from the resort, another right next to it. We stayed slopeside and was very impressed. We stayed in a Studio Loft which is very small, it says sleeps four but you'll probably be more comfortable with two people. Even with two -- it was quite stuffy. Another setback is noise level.. walls are paper thin. But overall.. if you're there to ski or snowboard, then call it a night.. it might just be the perfect place to just crash. Great service.. and overall great experience =)

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Noise, Small Room
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Alpine Village Suites? Share your experiences!