“Some questions to think about here.....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Changrun Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Changrun Hotel to your Saves list
Changrun Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Changrun North Road, Dongchangfu District, Liaocheng 252000, China   |
Ranked #8 of 103 Hotels in Liaocheng
Suffolk
“Some questions to think about here.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

The hotel has some real issues for the Western traveller....

First off, the bathroom was really smelly... bad drain stink that got worse every time you ran water through the shower or whatever. It seemed to me that housekeeping need to review the cleaning schedule! The room was big, and would have been pleasant (other than the bathroom) but everything was in need of renovation and a darn good clean. The net curtaining had seen better days, and was grubby... now you don't sleep in the drapes, but it makes one wonder about the rest.

Other point. The bell boy is a pimp! He said that the hotel offers a "foot massage service, or massage, or what you like" and that I should call him if I was interested. He then gave me what he called a business card.... just in case I was in any doubt about what was on offer. "Beautiful Girl Service" and a cell phone number hand written... and shown below.

So there you are, it's OK, the food is OK... but it is slightly seedy and my bathroom smelled nasty.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Solo
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed in this hotel during a business trip and it wasn't out of personal choice, our Client had a corporate rate with the hotel hence we had no many options.

The hotel is certainly not 4 stars and the name of the hotel is actually Changrun, not changyun as shown here.

My room was extremely dirty, particularly the carpet which was very badly stained. The general level of room cleanliness wasn't up to the expectation and I often wondered what did the cleaners do every day for 10 minutes in each room - personally I think they only changed the sheets and towels. My room was infested with mosquitos and the bathroom ceiling was leaking.

The offered breakfast was Chinese-style hence if you are a Westerner do not expect to see croissants, cereals etc. you get to eat buffet style Chinese, that I personally would only have as dinner or lunch.

The restaurants were Ok so as the offered food, though I have eaten much better at other restaurants in China. Language was also a problem in the hotel - thank God we had Chinese colleagues to translate for us.

Overall a 3-star (probably too generous here!) experience and I would probably think twice before considering staying there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Changrun Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Changrun Hotel

Address: No.1 Changrun North Road, Dongchangfu District, Liaocheng 252000, China
Location: China > Shandong > Liaocheng
Ranked #8 of 103 Hotels in Liaocheng
Hotel Class:4 star — Changrun Hotel 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Ctrip TA so you can book your Changrun Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Changrun Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.