“Wonderful night in the Erongo” 5 of 5 stars

You added Erongo Wilderness Lodge to your Saves list
Erongo Wilderness Lodge
3.5 of 5 Lodge   |   P.O. Box 90590 | Klein Windhoek, Omaruru, Namibia   |
Windhoek
“Wonderful night in the Erongo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Erongo Wilderness lodge in February. Although it was in the heat of summer, the lovely swimming pool kept us cool in the afternoon. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the dinner was absolutely amazing! By far the best game fillet I had in my life! the tented room was very comfortable and we hade a very good night under the mosquito net. I enjoyed my time at Erongo Wilderness Lodge very much!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
nice
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Every member of staff was efficient and caring. As a gluten free traveller I am used to requests being ignored, not here, They made sure I never missed out. glamping at it's best. Morning and evening walks to see sun rise and fall.

Room Tip: I count the nearby hills as a fitness centre!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The highlight was the Landscape. The Erongo mountains are amazingly beautiful and completely worth it. The guided walks were a delight and the guides had all very nice personalities and were also good knowledgeable. Rooms are spacious and have a beautiful view, bathroom nicely designed and very good. The only downside was that during high summer it gets very hot inside, but ok, we went to the desert during high summer...
The breakfast was very good and complete- continental an cooked. Dinner was good as well, but not gourmet. I recommend eating outside with candlelights, as we did one evening. My husband and I loved our stay there, even being a bit pricey.

• Stayed February 2013
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Loved my 2 nights at Erongo.
The site is really incredible! I was very impressed with the location. Loved my tented-room, very clean, spacious, with everything you need.
We were well welcomed,and I liked the family-home vibe to it. It's not uptight as other lodges.
I specially like the morning hike to the top of the rock! The view was absolutely breathtaking!
Staff very friendly and discret.
A stunning place to spend a couple of days. Not to be missed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

and unforgettable. Tents with bathrooms in the rocs. Surrounded by spectaculor huge rocks and mountains. Every morning you wake up with the sound of all kind of birds , colourful parrots, and you look into the faces of unnumerous Klippdachse. Every item fits into the landscape. You may do early bird walking in the valley or afternoon climbing on the rocks. The staff helps you with everything. Food is great , the restaurant the most romantic I have seen And when I was there I saw thousand and thousands of butterflies....I will come back one day! And the most funny thing was that I had to sign that I will not pull the tail of a leopard..... I did not"!

Room Tip: all tents are just stunning
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We spent two nights here in December 2012 and would strongly recommend it. We slept in a thatched tent high up among rocks with a spectacular view along a small valley and with local, vocal baboons for company! The lodge and the tents are cleverly hidden among piles of rounded rocks, pleasantly remote and in good walking country. We had very well informed guides - we saw some good game, a good variety of plants and trees and some wonderful birds. We ate good food and were warmly welcomed. Our last stop before leaving Namibia and one of the best.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a truly beautiful and exquisite lodge and one of the best we visited on our Namibian holiday. Fantastic hosts, friendly, professional staff, good food, absolutely stunning tents in very private locations with gorgeous balconies, relaxing and romantic. This truly is a proper 'tented' camp, very stylishly appointed with beautiful bathrooms built into the rocks. The baboons put on a fabulous show for us and a massive Eland came to the waterhole whilst we ate dinner. This was a bit of an extra treat since this lodge isn't a 'game' lodge and we weren't really expecting any wildlife.

It was an absolute pleasure to stay. Only one little suggestion - another fan in the tent would have been lovely.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Erongo Wilderness Lodge? Share your experiences!