This hotel was one of the hotels that Riveira Travel usewd on our recent trip to Sicily. The room was excellent with a large balcony overlooking the sea. Shower over the bath, not ideal but acceptable but only a small glass screen thus allowing water to splash on to the floor making it very slippery. We stayed in the Grand Palace Rooms and described as a Junior Suite. On the Balcony one chair had the cushion missing and we had a third sun bed but no cushions. There were tea making facilities in the room but no coffee which was provided if requested and milk had to be collected from the Bar. Air Conditioning quite noisy but did not affect our sleep. There was a fridge in the room to keep the milk cool The room was quite a distance from the Reception and Dining/Bar areas, we had to use three lifts and a walk between each lift one walk being in the open air but luckily it did not rain when we used it. In the Dining Room, we were on half board and the food was good but apart from the Pasta and the Barbeque Main Course, both cooked while you watched the potatoes and supposedly hot anti-pasta dishes were quite cool. On our last evening rain prevented the Barbeque being used and the main courses we set out agaain they were quite cool. The hotel neeeds to have heaters under the covered service trays. Apart from this the hotel was of a high standard and we would stay there again but one has to remember to bring all things needed for the day to avaoid having to return to the room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms of Baia Taormina have a balcony or a terrace with superb views on the sea and overlooking the incomparable bay from Taormina to Giardini Naxos. Internet Wi-Fi connection is free of charge and guests can reach Taormina in 10 minutes with a private and free shuttle granted by the hotel. Two swimming pools are available for all guests and one of them is filled with natural sea water. The hotel has two restaurants with breathtaking views and offering either traditional Sicilian and international food. It is also possible to book beauty treatments or massages through the Exclusive Spa Centre of the hotel. Other amenities include a bar and pool bar, 24-hour Reception and one meeting room with audiovisual equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Baia Taormina-Grand Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baia Taormina-Grand Palace Hotel And Spa
- Baia Taormina-Grand Palace Hotel Santa Teresa Di Riva
- Baia Taormina-Grand Palace Hotel & Spa Italy/Sicily - Province Of Messina