We stayed at the Baia Taormina for three nights in September, on the third floor of the Grand Palace. Our room had an amazing and large balcony, very private with an unobstructed view of the ocean which was great to wake up to. The decor generally is a bit dated - maybe more suited to slightly older travellers than us (we're in our mid twenties). The room, restaurant and pool area were all spotlessly clean. We read that the trek to the grand palace was long but it didn't bother us (maybe 5 mins average) and the lifts were ok. If you're driving there is good parking right at the top to save you moving bags through the whole hotel. The pools were great - beautiful to sit by and the top one is very deep! There was some confusion in the shuttle bus and booking system - one left without us even though we were on time, and other times they didnt check the bookings for the return trip which could leave you with a wait or having to take a taxi. The service wans also a bit varied - staff always trying to be friendly but sometimes overwhelmed and a bit off hand. Overall a good option for staying near Taormina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms of Baia Taormina have a balcony or a terrace with superb views on the sea and overlooking the incomparable bay from Taormina to Giardini Naxos. Internet Wi-Fi connection is free of charge and guests can reach Taormina in 10 minutes with a private and free shuttle granted by the hotel. Two swimming pools are available for all guests and one of them is filled with natural sea water. The hotel has two restaurants with breathtaking views and offering either traditional Sicilian and international food. It is also possible to book beauty treatments or massages through the Exclusive Spa Centre of the hotel. Other amenities include a bar and pool bar, 24-hour Reception and one meeting room with audiovisual equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelsClick, Venere and Otel so you can book your Baia Taormina-Grand Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baia Taormina-Grand Palace Hotel And Spa
- Baia Taormina-Grand Palace Hotel Santa Teresa Di Riva
- Baia Taormina-Grand Palace Hotel & Spa Italy/Sicily - Province Of Messina