“What a great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albourne
Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa
You added Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Shaveswood Lane, Albourne BN6 9DY, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albourne
“What a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

What a great place in a wonderful setting. We notice from recent reviews that people say they had poor service and food but we had completely the opposite experience. Service was as you would expect with the staff being attentive and friendly plus the food and menu was above expectation. Also we must mention the gym and spa which are fantastic what you would expect to find in a 5 star hotel

• Stayed March 2013
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you to you for writing such a complimentary review we strive to deliver a consistently good service at all times and offer a varied menu. I would be grateful if you were able to keep me appraised of your experience going forward.

Lee Goossens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pleyben, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I frequent Wickwoods at least once a week. And I felt it necessary to write about our last few experiences. We entertained a client recently, and the food was so bad, I was embarrassed to have taken a client there (which we have done many times over the past year).
We then visited again a few days ago, and I had to send my food back (chicken curry). It was absolutely awful. They had actually managed to make the chicken curry even worse since our previous visit! I ordered a plain old salad, thinking, how could they mess this up. And they did! Again, didn't eat more than 2 mouthfuls. I wont be eating at this lovely place again.
The staff at reception are rude. They don't even look up from their computer when you walk in. Members are treated like second class citizens, even though they pay £130 per month for the 'privilege' to be a 'member'.
I really thought this country club would be improving, but sadly it has gone down even further.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I am very sorry you feel the service recently has been so poor particularly given the excellent review you provide for us in September.
It would be helpful if you were able to provide us with some more details in order we can help identify the members of staff involved so we are able to provide them with additional training. Again please accept my sincere apologies and thank you for providing the review.
Napanee, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Average facilities in a beautiful setting. Average food at reasonable price but the thing that sticks out in my mind from every visit is the incredibly poor service. We have sat in the resurant for 25 minutes without being acknowledged, let alone been given a menu or offered drinks. On former occasion we have eaten our main, again after a very long wait and appalling service, finally after 30 minutes we got up to request a desert order, which we placed just to be told (after getting up again to enquire) after 40 minutes that the chefs had actually gone home 20 minutes ago.

• Stayed January 2013
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Tim,

Please accept my sincere apologies with regard to the service you received, it certainly sounds like we have let both ourselves and more importantly you as a customer down. I would welcome the opportunity to obtain more detail about your visit or visits if that is the case, in order I can identify the staff that are falling short in providing our normally high service standards to ensure they receive the service training they require.
Thank very much for having taken the time to write this review providing us with the opportunity to deal with what I sincerely believe are isolated incidents

Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Lovely room, excellent tasty food with a wide ranging menu, beautiful well equipped spa and gym, excellent facilities (for kids too), all spotlessly clean, helpful and pleasant staff, decent wi-fi for a nice change. What more could you want?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this very positive review following your recent stay here at Wickwoods Country Club Hotel and Spa

I am delighted we met with your expectation in all areas and I very much hope to welcome you back in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

We went to the restaurant at Wickworths with a Living Social voucher on Valentines day. We were impressed by the table decor (including chocolate hearts!) and the friendly service. We both opted for the Valentines set menu which at £16.50 for 3 courses was great value. We were both very happy with all of our food, and it was all very well presented. At the end of the meal I was presented with a gift bag containing mini toiletries and a £5 voucher off any treatment in the spa, which was a really nice touch. I would definitely go to this restaurant again and would also consider using some of the other facilities (spa, etc) in the future.

• Stayed February 2013
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
I am very grateful to you for taking the time to write a review following your visit to our Bistro here at Wickwoods Country Club Hotel and Spa on Valentines Day.
I am delighted to hear that you were well looked after and you both enjoyed a well presented meal. When you are ready to use your voucher please feel welcome to give us a call and we can arrange that for you.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a day at Wickwoods. We went for the pamper package which involved a full body massage with hot stones. Both of us had excellent treatments in a relaxed and friendly setting. We paid the extra so we could use the hydro pool, sauna etc, well worth it as it helped with the full relaxation. We enjoyed our lunch, all freshly cooked and served nicely by polite staff. All in all a lovely day at Wickwoods.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this positive review following you recent Spa Day experience here at Wickwoods Country Club Hotel and Spa. I am delighted you had a relaxing day and an enjoyable lunch. I hope we can welcome you here again in the future.

Pulborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch with my grand parents after buying a living social voucher. I thought the food was excellent in particular the steak and the haddock. It was a lovely and relaxed environment and a modern setting, we had a window seat so great views of the gardens and tennis courts.

However I would have liked a fresh mayo not one that you could see someone's spoon mark and the mustard had bits in it from the previous person.

The chalk board should have been cleared as it was advertising an event which happened the day before.

Overall a lovely lunch though, although the website should have an updated menu.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wickwoods, Owner at Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your lunch here at Wickwoods Country club.

I am delighted your food was excellent and our environment relaxed.

Please accept my apologies for the spoon mark in your mayonnaise and for the bits found in the mustard. We have now reviewed this practise.

Quite rightly our chalk board should have been updated.

Lee Goossens

Been to Wickwoods Country Club, Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!