“A quiet, homely place to stay in Nasugbu” 3 of 5 stars

Chateau Royale Sports & Country Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km. 72 Batulao, Nasugbu, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Nasugbu
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A quiet, homely place to stay in Nasugbu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

If you are looking for a tranquil accommodation to rest and spend time with the family, the log cabins of Chateau Royale may be a good option for you.

We stayed for 2 days and 1 night (December 28-29, 2013) in two adjacent Log Cabins at the far end, right across the Fishing Lake. The reception staff called it the "20 series".

The cabins are spacious, with 2 double size beds and an extra mattress on the floor. LCD TV is available, serving local and cable channels (the cable connection to the decoder is loose though, I had to tie a rubber band to steady the connection). There are big cupboards and cabinets for your stuff. There is also a medium-sized table and 2 benches for dining (beware of some flies though). There's a large bathroom (no tubs though) equipped with a small hot shower device (note that some cabins do not have hot showers). Air conditioning is good and there is a ceiling fan as well.

As initially mentioned, there is a fishing lake, zip line and rock climbing facilities (for the adventurous), green house (orchids), mini zoo, kids' playground, spa, videoke, mini-theater, and a pool. We haven't tried most of facilities so I cannot give enough comments. My kids just swam in the pool most of the time (pool water is cold; sand area around the pool with chairs and sunbathing benches).

Service was just OK. When we checked in and requested for the log cabins, they accommodated our request. BUT, that time, there was a power interruption, and the log cabins we requested were not being serviced by the backup power generators. The reception staff knew about this yet they still gave us the log cabins without informing us that there is no electricity in the cabins. Only when we reached the cabins that we knew of the power interruption. And only then did the check-in/reception staff try to find us a different cabin that is serviced by the generator. The room/cabin staff were nice though and were apologetic for the snafu.

There is no convenience store in the area and the grocery shops and market are quite far from the location. So I suggest that you buy your food items / groceries beforehand.

Overall, I can say that it's a good place to relax and have fun with the family. I have no qualms of doing a repeat, but maybe I'll try the other hotels/accommodations around the location first.

Room Tip: If you prefer a lesser crowd in the area of your room/cabin, go for the farthest Log Cabins. The cab...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for four days as a family with kids and celebrated new year at chateau royale. Over all stay- average.
First we were booked at cabin log, farthest almost at the end of the resort, with kids with me it would take forever to reach the lobby / reception where the pool is located.
Next, lots of mosquitoes and flies. windows no mosquito screen that can prevent insects from going inside. Rooms smells really bad, housekeeping sprayed scented deodorizer but as the scents subside the room still stinks.
I requested to be transferred to skylight building and pay additional extras for the upgrade ( I would not mind as long my kids are comfortable). We'll this room is quite better than the first one, spacious, good A/C, with ref ( unlike the cabin). But it's dusty, all furniture are full of dust, all of us are sneezing until our lungs get used with the dust. Bathroom is big but no hot water, imagine the windy and cold weather of tagaytay and no hot water for my kids. I called the reception they told me that hot water is by scheduled just 3 hrs in the morning and at night. my kids swim after lunch and they can't take a shower bcz no hot water available. They offered me a hot pot to be rented P100. Oh, they never seizes to surprise me!

Breakfast is not good they call it buffet but it's not really a buffet. they give you 1 cup rice, 1 egg and 2 pcs longanisa, in case you ask for another cup of rice they will charge you extra.

Since all restaurant are really far from this resort we opted to dine in their Veranda restaurant. Few choices, you will just repeat in eating that same menu, imagine we stayed for 4 days and we ran out of food choices so we decided to eat out, quite far but it's good to have other options.

Facilities are just usual nothing extra ordinary. During New Year's Eve there's fireworks and fire dance, it's a nice experience to welcome 2014.

Overall stay average. Nothing to look forward to.

• Stayed January 2014
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Location of the country club is very far from the city and other places. I stayed in September 2012 and going to the same place again on August next month. Break fast is not so good and the other food prices are very costly. Room check in and check out times are very strict. Otherwise the staff response was very nice. Once my laptop does not work with their cable internet, the front desk person Mr. Micheal reached my room and fixed the issue and showed me how to correct in the future too.

Room Tip: Take the rooms near the reception and the restaurent
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This place could have been better if they have a bigger pool. The log cabin is clean, big , and nice. The aircondition is working well as well as their LCD TV. The bed is good enough and I had a nice sleep, They have very big cabinets sorrounding the whole room.
They have a picnic ground near the lagoon area and its a very nice place for photoholics.
The hassle is with regards to their food included in the package, its really a set meal rice pansit and choice of chicken or fish fillet.
The service in the restaurant is very bad, at dinner time. we were starving when our food arrived after 2 hours and several follow-ups.( But in fairness, the room service is not as bad)
Luckily during breakfast time we they were more prepared to serve the food as soon as guests arrived.

They have facilities for team building near the pool area but the pool is not big enough for the number of cabins they have.

Room Tip: the log cabins are well maintained but a little bit far from the pool and dining area
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Valenzuela, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at Chateau Royale for 1 night in a log cabin. The room is big, enough for 4 adults and has more space for extra beds. The bedding set up is 1 queen bed and 1 queen sized mattress on the floor.The queen bed is uncomfortable, you can feel the springs below the cushion. The mattress is more comfy, all foam. The breakfast buffet have only few choices, Cabins are situated distantly in the pool area and in the restaurant. Such a struggle in going to and from the said places. Drivers' quarters are priced highly, 800 per head w/o breakfast. Whereas, an extra bed for a room is only 500 with breakfast. I don't think I would ever go back to this resort again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was our second time to stay here (first was last year), so I knew what to expect. We got their Cashcashpinoy deal this Holy Week and stayed overnight on Maundy Thursday. I must say I think service has improved, and they seemed to have managed a full resort quite well. We noticed what looked like the owner welcoming and attending to guests and their needs, and that was a nice touch. Kudos for that.

I would suggest though that the front desk and reservations staff re-evaluate their level eagerness (or should I say, lack thereof) of customer service and follow the owner's (or GM's) lead. They were not rude, but rather seemed bored and too curt in their responses to inquiries and requests. This was especially exasperating since it was difficult to contact them through their published numbers, so I would have appreciated a more enthusiastic welcome. Also, management should consider providing guests with a printed map so as to navigate more easily through the grounds and take advantage of the facilities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

At first when i started to see the reviews i was thinking twice moving our reservations to the hotel. But good thing we didn't. Me and my wife had a great time in this hotel. We went there on their peak dates and arriving at the lobby packed with dozens of guest cheking in all at the same time. I must say i give my credits to the front office people how you will see their initiative to accomodate all guests requests and try to maitain to look delighted even if you know that most of them came from very early shifts..We got the room at the skylight and rooms were new and big. We were astounded by how much improvement the hotel has in terms of service, food and things to do. The hotel has lots of activities, fishing lake for guys who like the quiet scenery..spa and nail salon for women who wants to relax and pool with nature view, zip line or wall climbing for the young ones. Our favorite are the organic veggiea we can bring home for auch a cheap price.
The hotel wasn't rated 5 star or luxury but the feel of serenity and relaxing atmosphere is what will make them be comparable to that rating.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Chateau Royale Sports & Country Club? Share your experiences!