“Paradise” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Lodge   |   Balaytigue, Nasugbu, Luzon 4231, Philippines   |
Singapore, Singapore
“Paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for just one night and wished I had stayed longer to enjoy the facilities! Stayed in one of the UG (underground) rooms. As awful as that sounds, it is actually one of the pool facing rooms and rather close to lobby. Wished we had one of the casitas instead as those were bigger. Nonetheless we were very happy with the room and especially the in-room massage! Service is a tad slow but the staff were helpful and polite. Breakfast spread limited. Pools look very good though we didn't have the chance to try it

• Stayed May 2013

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I traveled with my family and office mates.

We arrived in the middle of the day and it was hot and humid. Reception is an open area so it's hot and uncomfortable if you're waiting for your room to be available. Good thing we have complimentary use of the function room where there is ice cold water, tea, coffee, free wifi, karaoke and outlets to charge our gadgets.

The front desk kindly offered that we leave our baggage at the reception before we go to the function room to wait as they notice that I'm pregnant. However, when we were at the room already and I called housekeeping to ask if it will take a long time to send the baggage at our room they said they'll send it. It took me 5 calls before they sent tha baggage. Every time I offered to fetch the baggage myself as my daughter is asking for her milk and is having tantrums already. When housekeeping arrive he said that he's the only one sending out the baggage. I understand that but they could've told me to that sending the baggage would take them more than 20mins I'd insist on getting the baggage myself.

Check the minibar checklist. It doesn't match the contents.You might get charged. Bring your own water if you mind paying Php74 (almost 5x normal price) for a 500ml bottle of distilled water. Complimentary water is 2 bottles of 300 ml bottle.

There's complimentary tea and coffee (instant) and electric kettle you can use. The bed is big and comfortable. I like the room lighting. I LOVE the sea view at the veranda. Nice to have your wine or coffee. Lots of closet space for your things. Bathrobe and slippers are provided.

The room is spacious and plenty of space to run around for toddlers.
Room is very clean except for the AC opening which is almost darkened and icky. Humidifier/air freshener is provided. Lots of outlets to charge your gadgets. The room is not carpeted. Toilet has bidet.Toiletries are so-so.

You can't find some rooms easily because their hidden behind doors. This is specially difficult if you try to locate your room for the first time like in our case there are no staff to assist us to our rooms. We are 21 in the group occupying 7-8 rooms.

Lots of choices for the buffet breakfast. It could be hot when you dine outside but it has a great view of the sea.

Children's pool is not too sunny. Infinity pool has no shade.Nice deck chairs and sunset was nice.

There's some film showing for current movies for the family. But we didn;t get to try this. Heard that there's an indoor playground as well.

To go to the beach you must board the shuttle. Your kids can get by without aqua shoes. There's a pool and playground near the beach as well.

There's Fuego point to watch the sunset but it's not the normal route for the shuttle. Either you do the special request or bring your own car there.

Plated dinner is expensive. Small serving. Taste is so-so. But the creme brulee is creamy.

Checking in and out is stressful specially if you're waiting for the staff to process your stay on a hot and humid mid-day.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms near the pool or the sunset suite for a view of the sea.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The club & its resort still continues to amaze me because of its excellent view & very good facilities. I've been to this place many years ago for business purposes but this is my first time to stay here for pleasure with my family. Aside from the outstanding view of the sea & the facilities, food at the restaurant of the main club is also very good. And what's really amazing is the kind of customer service that they provide. All staff are helpful, attentive, proactive & helpful. They act very fast on all requests. First time for me to encounter this excellent service in a place like this. The suite with loft where we stayed is very nice & complete with all things that one would ask for during a family vacation. Its location is fronting the breathtaking view of the sea. It's also very quiet & looks well maintained. All swimming pools are clean & in good condition especially the infinity pool. Although the beach area is not that outsanding, water is clear & sand is fine. Overall, this club/resort exceeded my expectations. We will surely be back here!

Room Tip: Request for a room fronting the sea
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Los Banos, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My overall Club Punta Fuego experienced was very pleasant. From the reservation staff, front desk staff. security to waiters, they were all accommodating and friendly. The place was very relaxing and beautiful!

I could have given a rating of 5, if the main attraction, which is the beach, was mossy. Especially in the Terrazas, the place was relaxing with a beach bar, but when we went to the beach it self, it was very mossy and the sand were full of trash.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We recently held a seminar in Club Punta Fuego and I can say that it was a very pleasant experience... From the reservation of the venue to the ocular inspection to the actual event itself, everything was done with such ease. Mr. Benedicto Nieto, the Senior Account Manager, helped me facilitate our activity in the resort.

Ms. Liza and Mr. Michael Bautista were very enthusiastic in giving us a tour of the club during the ocular inspection. They made very good suggestions which gave us ideas on how to improve our plans. During the event itself, all the waiters and technicians who assisted us were alert and very helpful making sure that food is served on time, our customers are assisted, and that we are comfortable. Kudos also to the chefs- the foods were delish! The serving was also generous to the point that many had a second serving of the lunch dishes during the afternoon snacks.

Our guests had fun swimming in the numerous pools around the club. The availability of transport service made it easy for them to go from one pool to another. The beach is not as excellent though as the one in Terrazas but it was okay. There are also several water activities available which are reasonably priced.

The rooms in Club Punta Fuego are huge! It may fit an entire family and comes with free breakfast for two. The only downside is that the cabanas are located far from the pool and restaurant so make sure you don't forget anything when you leave for a swim. Golf carts are available on call. Globe signal is also very weak.

The whole Club Punta Fuego experience was very pleasant and memorable. This is one place I will definitely visit again for fun and relaxation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed for one night while attending a seminar onsite. Overall, this was a very high quality experience, but did lack some finesse in the details that prevented me from awarding that fifth star.

The location is stunning… my room had gorgeous views of the water and a very generous balcony for taking it all in. The room itself (Room #2A) was minimal but beautiful with two large double-beds and a small sitting area. The bathroom is very unique, with the shower and toilet overlooking it’s own private mini-garden (don’t worry… it’s incredibly private!). The property has access to some amazing private beaches and swimming spots.

I dined in the restaurant and was a little underwhelmed by the food… it wasn’t bad, but the Chicken Adobo was a little dry and uninteresting. The Hainanese Chicken was a better choice.

This place is not really geared for business travelers… the internet was comically slow and unreliable and there are no ironing facilities in the room. It’s all about relaxing :)

The worst part for me… the shower was COLD… quite cold! I wasn’t expecting that in such a high quality property. It could have been my bad luck… I’m sure this was a rare blip? I can’t imagine the guests here routinely tolerating cold showers!

I’m not sure I would return… I think I’d investigate other nearby options before recommending this place to others. But I can’t deny, this is a very beautiful property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mandaluyong, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is one of the best hotel club for me in Nasugbu Punta Fuego. The room are great very relaxing atmosphere. The bathroom are a very spacious with a hot and cold shower but they don't have a bathtub which would be great if we have one but I was not able to see the other rooms We stayed at 11C room which is very close to the pool and dining area. The restaurant is very expensive and they only have one inside the property. Also you are not allow to bring your own food and water. We love the infinity pool and the view and overlooking of the beach. Hope to come back in this property. The staff is also friendly and they always smile.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Club Punta Fuego? Share your experiences!