“Overpriced with So-so Service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Canyon Cove Beach Club

You added Canyon Cove Beach Club to your Saves list
Canyon Cove Beach Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Far East Road, Piloto Wawa, Nasugbu, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Nasugbu
“Overpriced with So-so Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

For the prices that they charge, the overall experience when compared to similar priced places can be very disappointing.

We got a room for a family of four. Hotel room wasn't impressive - the view was good and it looked clean, but the curtains and sheets didn't smell too good. Cabinet drawers were broken. The room safe was broken, so we were forced to leave our valuables in the car, just to be on the safe side. Bath towels and bathroom floor mats weren't provided. Our bathtub shower hose was leaky and squirted water on the bathroom floor, which got flooded and slippery in no time. We called up housekeeping a couple of times for towels and floor mats, but it never came. Oh, they also do not offer in-room internet access!

The pool and beach was okay. But then again, because the water was cold, you couldn't swim because beach/pool towels were unavailable - their excuse was that the washing machines were inoperable - and we had to check with them at least four times before we got the towels. They didn't even offer to bring the towels to us.

For the food, the only restaurant available was operated by Max's Fried Chicken - which was decent, but we hoped that we could have had other choices.

Parking was okay, but since the room safe wasn't working, we had to go to the car every now and then to use it as our "safety deposit box" :)

The hotel staff were friendly and courteous, but definitely needed more improvement on the customer service side of things.

Overall, we can't help but keep comparing them to all the other hotel resorts that we've been to. Unfortunately, others within the same price range, or even the cheaper ones, were better - both in facilities and service.

The staff might be friendly and the scenery and place might be "eye candy" good, but that was just about it. Unless they seriously reconsider lowering their rates big time, or improving their amenities, we won't be coming back - and we won't be recommending this to our friends.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is the thing that I cannot understand.. How do these places justify the rate they are asking for? Those rates are for US hotels! And US hotels have the right to charge this much as they pay more for their employees and maintenance costs more! What do they pay their employees here? How much does the maintenance cost really? That is if the majority of the reviews here are hinting that the place is up to par but is seems it is not even. This is not only true with place but most of the places in the Philippines. Oh my...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Luzon, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I'd say they have a good set-up for having a pool just right beside the beach and rooms are fairly nice. I've been to more affordable hotels with better facilities. But excellent rates given on the reviews?!?! That's impossible! I feel obliged to warn others. Place is not that clean, food is ordinary, while presenting themselves to be an exclusive resort for members (I used to be one), they prioritize non-members that can pay higher rates for their rooms. How would I know? I called to check if there are available rooms, there were none. But I have this gut feeling that something was fishy (because I know how "membership" programs earn from overselling members' slots and then giving only limited access). So, I called again and luckily, another person answered. I asked if I can book even if I am not a member and if there are available rooms on the same dates I inquired previously. As I expected! There were rooms but as a non-member, I need to pay more. Well, you just have to be patient to find a open slot only for me to be disappointed with the food and service. I wonder if they just used the "Membership Set-up" to save on taxes!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mandaluyong, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I love the beach! The beach is clean! the room is also excellent! I was able to purchase a coupon at Metrodeal at 2,999 per night. Definitely, worth it! It is just 2 hours drive from the city. I will definitely go back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We just came back from an overnight stay, Nov16-17, 2013.
The route: we took the Molino-Paliparan route in a bid to by-pass the Imus section of the E. Aguinaldo Hi-way, which should be the Traffic Capital of the Philippines. But upon exiting Molino Blvd. onto the Molino-Paliparan Road, we were greeted by a bumper-to-bumper extending all the way up to SM Molino. We lost almost 30 minutes in that stretch. Seeing that the traffic situation hasn't improved at SM Molino, we turned right onto Daang Hari, to exit onto E. Aguinaldo Hi-way. Traffic from then on is a leisurely 40kph, picking up after SM Dasmarinas. Though traffic builds up in Tagaytay, it was kept moving by the traffic enforcers. From Tagaytay -Mendez junction onwards to Nasugbu, traffic thins out.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by security guard at the gate, who asked if we have a reservation. We said yes. Then he asked how many people are there in our car, which i find quite uncalled for. Would we smuggle people in, considering the fact that the passenger side window was wide open so we can communicate clearly? He can see clearly how many people are inside. Besides, is it an important information for him to know? I was tempted to ask him to make a head count. Anyway, it doesn't make sense arguing with these people.
Check in was smooth. The bellhop was very helpful, leading us to our room on the fourth floor, north wing. The room had two single beds, and a day bed looking out to the sea. I personally relish this view. There was an LCD TV, with a variety of cable channels like National Geographic, HBO, etc. there was a small unstocked refrigerator, two coffee mugs, and glasses, two sachets of SanMig 3-1 instant coffee, and two bottles mineral water. The comfort room featured a water closet tucked into a corner on the right side, and an enclosed shower area on the left side, and a lavatory in the middle, with a hair dryer.
We then found out that the beddings were for two adults only. But we had a reservation for three adults. A call to the reception brought a quick response, and a roomboy showed up to fix the day bed beddings, which had also insects stuck on it. In order to reach the window side of the day bed, which measures around 5.5ft x 5.5ft., the roomboy stepped on the bed with his shoes on! He left one thin bedsheet to serve as a blanket. Upon further exploration, i found some cobwebs in a corner by the bed. The comfort has its share of fails such as a cracked water tank, cracked lavatory, and water scales encrusted on the shower head. Calling the attention of housekeeping, if you're following this.
Food is provided by Max's, which is reasonable. Initially, we had planned to explore Nasugbu town, and have our dinner in town. But considering the distance from town, and since Max's is a reasonable place to eat, we decided to have our dinner inside the hotel.
Since we booked via a MetroDeal promo for two adults and a two children, we aren't entitled to the breakfast. However, we get a 10% discount on food and beverages via MetroDeal, when we ordered ala carte. Our daughter, considered an adult, was billed Php800 for the stay. She's entitled to the breakfast buffet. The breakfast buffet that day consisted of cereals, arroz caldo, plain rice, garlic rice, scrambled eggs, sauteed sardines, pork adobo, and brewed coffee. Refills were a bit slow though. The sardines appeared unpalatable, which is why it was generally untouched, while adobo is so oily that the sauce even shines! In general, what do you expect for Php350?
The water in the beach was clear, you can see the bottom. Unfortunately, around 2 meters from the shoreline, the bottom gets quite rocky. The beach was cordoned off to separate the swimmers from the kayaks, jet ski, paddle boat, and the deep end. The sand is white, though on the rough side, not the powderry fine white sand.
The pool was big, with a section for the children. Water temperature was warm as of 7pm.
Check out was again smooth, though it took quite sometime because of the mass exodus of guests checking out. At the gate, the guard came over to get our exit pass, while we were about a car's length from the crossbar. On his way back to the guardhouse, he lowered the crossbar, as if to prevent me from exiting the place. I still have my driver's license to retrieve from him. Maybe, the guards can also take a lesson or two on practicality.
On the homebound trip, we had lunch at a restaurant in Cliffhouse, Tagaytay. But that's for another review. As usual, there is a traffic build-up on approaching the Mendez junction, exacerbated by some drivers trying to cut into the line. Upon reaching the Sta Rosa road, traffic is also slow moving, caused by vehicles stopping for the passengers to buy pasalubongs. Unfortunately, these drivers park their vehicles in such a way that half of the vehicles straddles the road, when the road shoulder is enough for the whole vehicle, thereby reducing road space. SLEX was generally smooth, though pricey compared to NLEX for the same distance.

Room Tip: The rooms are generally the same.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Just got back from a 2-night stay at canyon cove and was overall quite satisfied with our stay. Beach had rough sand but clear water. Pool was big and clean. If you don't have a problem with food from Max's (the house that fried chicken built), then you won't have a problem with food. Food choices are limited but for just a couple of days' stay, there are enough items for variety. Buffet prices for breakfast, lunch and dinner are 350, 600 and 600 pesos respectively. We opted to order ala carte every time.

We got 2 superior rooms for 4 adults and 1 kid. Rooms are spacious with twin beds and a day bed right by the window. As I said, housekeeping should do better. Staff should be trained to clean each room properly and thoroughly. Our room on the 3rd level was not provided a floor mat for the bathroom and the floor got wet and dirty fast. When I shined my flashlight underneath the bed (I was looking for my iPod), the floor underneath the bed was very dirty. The room on the 5th level had wet floor (maybe a leak from the mini ref?) when my friends checked in. After 5 calls to housekeeping, they finally came to mop the floor after my friends threatened to use the pillowcase to dry the floor (of course they wouldn't). Extra towel and floor mat were provided the following day when I met the housekeeping guys in the hallway and asked for the items directly from them. Aside from these minor problems, our stay was very comfortable, the waitstaff in Max's restaurant was attentive, the people at the check-in/check-out counter were courteous and check-out was quick.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Pasig, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Resort is a nice place to relax but customer service was as poor as their wifi connection that don't go with their Hotel class. Location is easy to find. The big pool is wonderful, the rest is just ordinary and needs a lot of improvement. I will not recommend this place to my friends!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Canyon Cove Beach Club? Share your experiences!