TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 11 Restaurants in Mismaloya
Cuisines: Mexican
indiana
“Next time I'll stay here, but food not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Most people like this kind of food. To me it is oversalted, overgreasy and does not have the freshness of Mexican food stateside. May have something to do with the lack of customers. But the service is outstanding and friendly, and I imagine if I'd asked for salt-free food I would have done better. We ate here several times, always the only people in the restaurant. The worst thing was that they seemed to be conserving the table linens, and showed us to a table that bore distinct signs of being used before. Having said the food is not great, I have to say it was on a par with all the other places we ate in the area. Everyone we were with loved it. Did not stay at hotel, but it seems by FAR nicer than the noisy Barcelo, which caters vilely to noisy tourists.