“Romantic getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cabinas Los Cocos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Zancudo
Cabinas Los Cocos
You added Cabinas Los Cocos to your Saves list
Playa Zancudo, Costa Rica   |
Silver Spring Maryland
“Romantic getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed with Susan and Andrew many times in the past few years. We always stay in the banana house furthest from the main house because if its privacy. The beach is steps away. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

After extensive travel, I have finally found a place that meets all my requirements. All accommodations have decks with stunning water views and the tranquilizing sound of the waves. Excellently equipped efficient kitchens for meals in when wanted, comfortable beds, and domestic help. Check out their web site to see all the activity options and beauty of this location.
Susan and Andrew are always available to make sure your requests are fulfilled.
As an artist I have a number of blogs that show me here creating on RCartierPerry.com
Fitness classes are free and offered on a regular basis.
Lastly, their prices are ridiculously low for such a treasure of an experience, in my opinion, the best kept secret in Costa Rica.

Room Tip: all accommodations are excellent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
susandrew, Owner at Cabinas Los Cocos, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thanks for the review Ronn, and we are glad to have you back year after year. Your art projects bring inspiration to our place. We appreciate all the yoga classes that you give here also. Glad you will be part of our Artist Community, next June July.
Durham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

This was one of the best vacations of my life. Susan and Andrew will ensure that you find the right activities or you can spend your days chilling on miles of beach with no one else in sight. This is an experience of a lifetime. The cabins are rustic but have everything you need. The market and restaurants are all walkable or you can borrow one of the many free bikes available. I cannot say enough about my experience except that I cannot wait to return!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I'm back. 2 Full weeks instead of 5 days. You'll find yourself wanting more. Next year 2 months. Make your reservation for double the time you have planned here. Susan and Andrew are the most delightful of hosts. Their boat taxi is the best way to get to Zancudo. Fly in via NatureAir. Huge windows and the approach to Golfito is like a Disney ride. Loaner bicycles to ride to the store, bar or sightseeing. Boogie board loaners too... Kayak rentals. Susan and Andrew give boat tours of the mangroves. You won't want to leave.... but you'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Northern most thatched roof cabina is c'est chique!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I first stayed here in 1998 and have been back a few times since. Susan and Andrew are kind and knowledgible proprieters. The cabins are rustic, no daoubt about it, but clean and very charming. The beach is just a few yards away on the beautiful landscaped gorunds. The bar at the Sol y Mar is just down the path and is the place to hang, play volleyball, socialize and eat. The boat ride with Andrew from Golfito to Zancudo is great fun, he has a wonderful sense of humor. Susan leads a great expedition up the Rio Coto which is well worth the price. I loved sitting out my little front porch and relaxing with a cigar and cerveza fria or a Centenario Rum cocktail.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights at the end of May in one of the Banana cabins. It was just what I needed. May is very quiet in Playa Zancudo (although I would be surprised if it is really busy ever!). The cabin was small and decidedly rustic but it was well equipped. The bed was comfortable and there was a fan tucked up inside the mosquito netting which is so sensible. The shower is good and the kitchen had everything I needed. The porch is the best part, however, with room for a hammock, a table and chairs and a day bed. My only complaint was that every bike I pulled out of the shed had low or flat tires. I finally chose the least flat and it was enough to get me up and down the road. The beach, which stretches for about 6 miles, is wonderful. There is considerable tidal differential, but a gradual slope so that you can go out quite far. I was in the water every day at least twice a day. All the buildings are set back from the water, so the view from the water is just palm trees and an occasional roof, as far as the eye can see. In between time in the water, I hung out on the porch, swinging in the hammock. There weren't a lot of restaurants to choose from but I had a fabulous meal at the Italian restaurant. And, one night when the electricity went out, Susan took me down the road to a screened in place where the torrential rain pounded off the roof. Andrew was up in the mountains but Susan was a great hostess and kindly answered all my questions. I met lots of the expats who live there and everyone was very friendly. I walked and biked up and down the road in both directions when the tide was too high to walk on the beach. Life here is oriented towards the road, away from the beach. I only stopped in one restaurant that actually had a view of the water. In the evenings, I went down the road for dinner and when I came back, the frogs were unbelievably loud. It was like walking through a video game with creaks and groans and shrill beeps and crescendos. Overall, I found Playa Zancudo delightful, but be warned that the mosquitos come out about 3:00 in the afternoon, so be prepared. This is truly the beach at the end of the road.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in one of the Rancho Cabinas. Susan and Andrew were excellent hosts. The cabina was a perfect home in paradise. With everything I needed to cook our own meals... including a blender for Pina Coladas. Hanging out on the beach looking for seashells, playing in the waves, sunbathing or sitting in the hammock with a book. Felt at home and never wanted to leave. We drove to the cabinas in our rental car. The roads were bad. Would definately consider the water taxi next time.

Room Tip: Have Susan help you pick the perfect cabin for your needs.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cabinas Los Cocos? Share your experiences!