What a fantastic place to stay. We stayed in the Wenlock room which had a four poster bed (I had the best 3 nights sleep I've had in a long time). A four poster double jacuzzi with overhead lighting and flickering coloured candles, lovely and relaxing. There is a 32" flat screen tv which can be watched from the bed, sofa or even the bath as it swivels on a bracket. There is a separate wc and a washbasin area within the room. The furnishings make it feel really special and there was everything you could possibly need in the room, tea/coffee making facilities, boiled sweets, biscuits. There were also toiletries, l'oreal face wipes, cotton buds, cotton face pads, sewing kit and the usual shampoos, conditioners, body lotion & shower gels.
If you need an iron and board just ask and it will be brought to your room.
I couldn't believe how quiet it was, the only noise we heard was the birds singing in the morning.
Breakfast was amazing, an array of yogurts, yogurt drinks, jams, marmalades, honey, cereals and of course a fabulous english breakfast (see photo).
We stayed for 3 nights but could have stayed longer we felt so relaxed and hopefully will visit again in the Summer.
A must when you visit is Blists Hill Victorian Village museum, it is a really good day out. We also visited the Coalport museum and the Tile museum (when you buy a pass for Blists Hill you can get one that includes several other museums).
Thank you David for a wonderful relaxing break and for being so helpful and knowledgeable about the local area, suggesting restaurants & pubs to visit and attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Rectory is a Victorian country house set in two acres of lawns, orchards and ponds overlooking the Severn Valley just a mile from the historic town of Ironbridge. Every room has been appointed to exception standards and designed to have an individual character. A peaceful and relaxing location central to the museums and other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your The Old Rectory at Broseley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Rectory Hotel Broseley
- The Old Rectory At Broseley Shropshire