Afraid the review isn't what you were expecting,
popped in after walking the dog down the river, good selection of drinks, ordered a drink at the bar, then some food, we were asked to pay for the food which i always think is strange
sat outside and waited, starters arrived which looked ok, but thats where it all begins!
asked the waitress for another couple of drinks, she went away then came back to tell us we would have to get our own drinks at the bar??????? if you want to be a restaurant then provide the service if you want to be a pub then i will get my own!
it was sunday so i decided to have roast beef, well i could have re soled my dads old boots with it and the veg was dry and quivering, the place was not very busy so i gather the chef had been keeping it all warm in anticipation of me coming in! (should have had beef burger like miss T)
the big downfall was that no body was checking if the meal or service was ok, so thats whats brought me back to trip advisor, you will see by me reviews i give credit where its due
oh well i said to Tracey, remind me not to go there again :(
- Also Known As:
- Sea Trout Hotel
- Sea Trout Hotel Staverton
- Sea Trout Inn England/Staverton, UK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Trout Inn is a traditional South Devon Inn dating back to the 15th century. Situated in the picturesque South Hams village of Staverton near Totnes the Sea Trout Inn hotel and restaurant is an idyllic country retreat. There are 10 well appointed en-suite rooms available for bed and breakfast, perfect for couples and business people alike. The Sea Trout Inn offers an ideal place to stay, relax and wine & dine with friends, family or business colleagues. The restaurant serves a mixture of a la carte and pub classics all sourced locally and as seasonal as nature intended. Our frequently changing menu uses the superb ingredients on our doorstep from South Devon farms and fisheries. Choose to dine alfresco on warm summer days and snuggle up beside the log fires in the winter months. Wonderfully positioned between Plymouth and Exeter we are an ideal base to explore the South Hams with plenty to keep you entertained. Take a trip on the South Devon steam railway from Staverton to the remarkable town of Totnes, set on the beautiful River Dart. Explore the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of Dartmoor National Park or visit Agatha Christies Greenway. We are a dog friendly Inn and encourage guests to bring their dog with them. South Devon is the perfect place for walking with breathtaking scenery right on our doorstep. The Sea Trout Inn, Staverton Totnes is perfect for a restful weekend break, pub lunch or a romantic dinner. A welcoming and friendly place for all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Queensborough Group and Priceline so you can book your Sea Trout Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.