“Excellent food, fantastic value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barton Arms

Barton Arms
2 Stablefold, Worsley, Salford M28 2ED, England (Formerly Ember Pub & Dining)
0161 728 6157
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 19 Restaurants in Worsley
Cuisines: English, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Excellent food, fantastic value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We went to the Barton Arms after being recommended by a friend. Although it was a Monday, the pub seemed very busy and had a great atmosphere. We were seated and looked after by a friendly waiter who couldn't seem to help enough. The range of real ales was outstanding, 5 or 6 on offer, the waiter even offered me a sample of each one.
The food was of restaurant quality at little over pub prices.
I had the set menu, almond Brie starter followed by steak pie.... Fantastic. My wife had parfait then "the best ribeye she has ever had".
The waiter also recommended a lovely glass of cabernet sauvignon to compliment the steak, all this in a pub!
Thank you to the Barton arms for a great evening, and thank you to my friends for the recommendation. Two new "regulars" acquired!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“fantastic place to be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've been to the Barton arms a few times for meals and drinks, the atmosphere is brilliant everyone is friendly. The food is great I've never had a problem with it, the staff are fantastic me and my family didn't have to do anything apart from sit back and enjoy ourselves, you never need to get up for drinks or ordering your food, they are very friendly and always smiling. I personally think some of these reviews are harsh as I have never nor my friends that have been in before had a problem . Keep up the great works guys I look forward to coming in again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Seems to be overly harshly reviewed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here 3 times this year and on all 3 occasions the service has been polite and friendly, the food is good and the prices are more than reasonable.
The latest visit was for Fathers Day and we went as a party of 6. None of us had starters and the mains all came out together within 25 mins. 3 of us had a Jalfrieze platter and it was delicious, 2 had a beef and veg meal which they enjoyed and 1 had the pie trio which was described as ok to good - it was not as filling as the other dishes but quite tasty.
There was some confusion over puddings due to us ordering two at the start and then tagging one on at the end. This was sorted out and didn't effect the overall enjoyment of the meal.
We had 6 mains and 3 deserts and it came to £63 without drinks

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chester, United Kingdom
“Lovely beer but no beer garden.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice place, decent atmosphere. Beer (Thwaite's Wainwright) was lovely but no outside seating lets it down on a sunny Sunday afternoon

Visited June 2013
Salford
“awful, a circus of errors”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

For a nice pub we thought we would try this place. They brought out the wrong starters, my main meal of lamb stew of the "specials" menu was freezing then it was brought back hot with a massive layer of skin on it clearly microwaved. When I mentioned this I was told "it was the last portion so it had to be reheated that way" , I have no idea what this nonsense meant but the waitress clearly had an attitude problem so I just sent it back and then she had the nerve to tell me she was being good enough to take it off the bill like she was doing me a favour. 15 minutes after my family had FINISHED their meals, they brought out my dad's burger and when I again questioned this, I was told "it takes that long because it has to defrost" (not exactly the homemade food it advertises itself as) and we were charged full price for this. My mum also mentioned to the waitress her steak had been cold and was told "well you should of said sooner" . The Bar staff were chatty but the waitress has no people skills. My parents then just went ahead and paid the bill as they didn't want it to spoil my wife's birthday. Seriously this place is okay for a pint but avoid eating here if you like hot food, made on the premises and good service

• Visited April 2013