“Terrible customer service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wild Wings Birds of Prey Centre

Wild Wings Birds of Prey Centre
Bents Garden & Home, | Warrington Road, Glazebury, Worsley, Salford WA3 5NT, England
07957 416 883
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Attractions in Worsley
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Outdoors
Leigh, United Kingdom
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I booked through groupon and I misunderstood the terms and conditions. I thought the 16 year old age limit applied to those using the voucher, not the spectator. I was wrong and understood this. I tried to arrange child are but couldn't. I asked if I could rebook and was advised that I couldn't as they had lost the time and money. I said was there absolutely no way to rebook. The woman said no. I would have been happy to have paid a rebooking fee rather than lose the £40 I'd already paid. The woman on the front desk interrupted me several times and lacked basic customer service skills. The woman kept repeating the terms and conditions but I said to her that I didn't think they were clear. There was no offer to help.

I got home and left a review on their Facebook and posted pictures pointing out that I thought the t and cs were ambiguous. They said I was abusive and his was why they hadn't offered to rebook. I had 2 witnesses who can attest that I wasn't abusive, I got upset at the end and walked out as I was so exasperated at the woman's poor customer service. They are now threatening to pursue me for slander for sharing my experiences which I think is ridiculous as this is a truthful and honest account of my experience.

I had been looking forward to this for 2 months. I am so upset that they were not prepared to let me rebook. They have fraudulently redeemed the voucher despite me not using it as they took all the details when I booked it in November. I have proof that they redeemed this on 29th December 2913 at 11:46am despite me not being booked in until 2nd February 2014 and that I didn't redeem the voucher.

Visited February 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Truly wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Myself and my partner visited Wild Wings on Saturday 1st February 2014. We had purchased a 1 hour owl experience through Groupon and were very excited to get up close to some wonderful birds.

I had some car trouble and called to say we were going to be a little late; the lady I spoke to was very understanding and kind and told me not to worry.

When we arrived about 10 mins late we were greeted in the ticket office by two lovely women, one of whom walked us through to the field where the owl experience was happening.

We arrived and were greeted warmly by Ian and his apprentice Jay. There were approx. 6 or 7 owls in total and a few more people and we all had a turn holding each bird.
Ian and Jay were both incredibly knowledgeable and chatty and clearly both very passionate about what they do. The birds themselves were beautiful and all had their own little personalities.

We spent just over an hour in the field then we went back to the centre for photos with our favourites and to freely wander round and look at the other birds. As it was freezing (I would recommend wrapping up warm and wearing wellies!) we went into the garden centre for a hot drink and bite to eat - which by the way was ridiculously overpriced but I'm not reviewing Bents so I'll stop there!

We looked round at the other birds and both Ian and Jay were on hand to tell us about the falcons and eagles that were there. Jay also got the Kookaburras warmed up so they sang to us!

Overall it was a wonderful day made great by the staff and the birds themselves. Would highly recommend it for anyone, families too.
As I said though make sure you wrap up warm as the area is quite exposed to the biting wind. Also if you're on a budget bring your own packed lunch as the garden centre is very expensive.

Visited February 2014
Leigh, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

well what can i say..... i have been to "WILD WINGS" on several occasions........ as a group of adults and also with a mixed age party......... all the staff were friendly, helpful and well informed...... the types of birds shown to different groups were age appropriate & this was fully explained to us........ we are planing our next event in may 2014 and we all cannot wait to see how wild wings has grown since our last trip......... c u all soon

Visited August 2013
Manchester
7 attraction reviews
“a Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is one of the best Centres in the country, plenty of birds, knowledgeable staff very willing to spend time with you and, if not too busy, will get one of the birds out of the aviary for you to have a better look. The staff care very deeply for the birds in their care and they will do everything in their power to help an injured bird - their vets bills must be enormous! so any penny you can spend will help them and the birds.
I visit regularly and now sponsor 4 birds (well worth the small charge per year) and have the honour of naming the newest Kookaburra - Kinta.
Please make sure you visit and help Ian, Carole and the rest of the staff help to maintain the centre and give more injured birds a chance.
ps the food at Bents is well worth the visit :)

Visited December 2013
Saint Helens, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Great centre - Brilliant Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had an excellent time visiting here.

Myself and my wife visited the center, we was welcomed to the center and left to explore some of the birds.
After a short amount of time we was approached by 2 different members of staff who started talking to us about the birds, they where very enthusiastic and where keen to tell us about the birds, the where obviously very proud to work there.
Unfortunately it started to rain heavily while we was there, so the staff brought us a large umbrella! We spent an hour here looking at the birds and reading about them, it's not huge, but definitely worth the money - Well worth a visit!

Visited November 2013