“Great hotel, pity it has the marriott menu” 4 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Worsley
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, pity it has the marriott menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

This was a one night stop over at short notice, room was good and the bar service friendly and prompt- my only gripe is that it has the same menu as other Marriotts, and in its current incarnation it doent do it for me. Breakfast fairly standard fayre but well executed. Unlike most marriotts this didnt reward me in anyway for being a gold member- no executive lounge, upgrade or drinks voucher. Dont like being just taken for granted. Also had to call and email to get a copy on my bill. All in all I've been to better. Location was great travelling down from Scotland for a meeting in Manchester, but not sure if the cost is merited.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Southwold, Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

One of my Customers kindly recommended this Hotel and we booked six months ago, it certainly did not disappoint!
Everything was wonderful, the location, the staff, the rooms, the golf course, the food .... faultless.
The village is also very interesting to walk around and on the way back call into Georges, fabulous food and cocktails and a very famous footballer owner, the best loos I have ever been in.... stunning!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Golf Course
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my visit to marriott at worseley. I was upgraded and had room 125 that was like a little ground floor apartment and I could park my car right outside. A great stay and really enjoyed a relaxing and peaceful weekend.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a review about a Spa day at the Worsley Park Marriott Hotel - I am sure the hotel is lovely and the setting is superb but I would not recommend a Spa day here. My friend & I arrived for what was advertised as a Spa day. I am an experienced Spa day person and have been on many to a number of different hotels - but I can say this was not the best at all. The country club is nice with a gym and pool and bistro where we did have lunch. The Spa is not situated in the country club it is down a corridor up a set of stairs on a different floor. There are no robes and slippers given as on all other SPA days I have been on.
A Robe and slippers and being able to wander round in them on a Spa day is all part and parcel of the relaxation - after having a massage with oils or creams the last thing you want to do is put your own clothes back on. Here this is what we had to do!
The relaxation room is not relaxing at all as everyone is wandering in and out to go to the treatment rooms or reception or the toilet as it is not a separate room. Most other Spa days have a separate quiet room with fruit teas/fruit juice and water on offer - here we had water in plastic cones not even glasses.
The massage and facial were nice, but the staff were not at attentative and although we filled in the forms with our ailments or needs - this was not looked at - in fact the staff did not even know our names.
When we go to Spa days normally the therapist comes through and asks for you by name and goes through your treatment and any problems you have this did not happen here. They were young girls who just seem to chat at reception causing noise and disturbing what should have been a restful and relaxing time.
I will not return to the Marriott for a Spa day as my experience was not special. It lacked connections as the country Club and Spa were totally separate and poor customer care for the staff. You left not feeling happy and relaxed as you should but disappointed and disgruntled.
The service was poor in the Spa and the bistro at the country club although the food was good. We will not return, there are plenty of better places for a relaxing spa day - probably better for golfers than Spa Days.

Room Tip: Did not stay here -spa day only
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Bernard W, Manager at Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience and I am sorry your day did not go as planned. Our Director of Spa will be available to discuss your day in more detail and can be contacted at the Hotel.
North of England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband, daughter and son-in-law booked a Sunday driver here as a surprise for my birthday over the Easter weekend. They booked dinner, bed and breakfast and didn't tell me where we were going so it was all a surprise when we arrived!
The hotel is a lovely building set in beautiful grounds.
The reception staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive. Our rooms weren't quite ready (we arrived at 10.30am) so we went to the bar for a drink while we waited. Bar prices very expensive but not unexpected for a hotel of this type!
Husband and son-in-law went for their game of golf and daughter and I went and checked in to our rooms. We had adjacent rooms and both were lovely. All the usual amenities and everywhere impressively clean. The bed and pillows were really comfortable and the white towels large, soft and fluffy!
We had booked dinner at 'the Dining Rooms' and all had a very enjoyable 3 course meal. Husband and son-in-law ordered the 'whole chicken' expecting a teeny, tiny 'poussin' type of bird but, no! it was a proper whole spatchcocked chicken - enough to feed a family of 4! It was so funny to see their faces when it arrived - my husband could only manage half and, although my son-in-law has a very good appetite, it even defeated him!
The waiter who served our dinner was very attentive and the service could not be faulted.
The buffet breakfast the following morning was excellent. Everything you could ever possibly want to eat in a morning was available and the range of hot food was extensive - all of it beautifully cooked. A good, big pot of tea provided as well - lovely!
Husband and son-in-law went off for their second round of golf and daughter and I went for retail therapy to the Trafford Centre! We got a taxi there and back to avoid having to negotiate the M40 and to enable us to have a glass of wine with lunch - a wonderful day out together!
All met up back at the hotel late afternoon ready for our journey home after a wonderful weekend break.
The men loved their golf and we would not hesitate to return back to this beautiful place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Derbyshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We have just stayed for a couple of nights in the Worsley Park Marriott and this hotel lived up to our Marriott expectations. We chose a country Club hotel in order to have a completely relaxing weekend. With this in mind, we pre-booked massages in the spa. We could only book the back, shoulder and neck massages as they were otherwise fully booked. These were listed at 25 mins and we were offered a discount as hotel guests of £30 each instead of £40. However, the actual treatment time was about 15 or 16 minutes, quite disappointing after anticipating a relaxing 25 minutes! I am visiting my local beauty salon this week for a back, shoulder and neck massage; I know I will get a full 30 minutes here for a non-discounted price of £22. Our Marriott spa experience will unfortunately discourage us from booking hotel spa massages in future. As a passing hotel guest, our custom is obviously not valued.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

From the welcoming, charming and caring reception staff, the entire stay was a pleasure, shown to my room, which was spotless, a few snacks arrived complimentary, room service, delivered quickly by a charming gentleman, food was hot and excellent, room quiet, comfy bed. Breakfast quick efficient and well presented. I stay in dozens of hotels world wide but this was as enjoyable as any I have stayed in.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!