I have stayed at Marriotts worldwide for the last 20 years. I arrived here and found the car parking difficult - but a manager helped us when i went to reception - apparently there is ample parking (but at the time of writing this was not signed adequately). There was no minibar nor any mineral water in the room. There was a cupboard with an empty space and some cables whence the original minibar had been untimely ripped. Room service took its time but when it came it was ok. I just felt like it was 'good' but did not feel welcomed and loved like a valued frequent guest. In fact when i ordered the room service, because i had left a debit card on reception, I had to physically go down to reception to pay, after a follow up call from the reception. The lack of trust made me wonder if the hotel should be renamed 'Strangeways Experience' and then all guests would understand the issues. This was further compounded when, with my excellent breakfast, came a request for £3 tray charge because the desk needed it in order for me to get breakfast. They must have had a lot of thefts, but its a shame to take this out on reasonably regular guests. Tip: never pay with a debit card!
I have to go return here because my company sponsors the local rugby club, but it's not my first choice.
- Also Known As:
- Worsley Park, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Marriott Worsley
- Worsley Park Marriott Hotel Country
- Worsley Marriott
- Worsley Park, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club Greater Manchester
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A vision of Victorian country elegance, this 200-acre former home of the Duke of Bridgewater is now site of Worsley Park, a Marriott Hotel & Country Club Manchester featuring 18 hole championship golf course in the city of Manchester. For business travelers, pleasure seekers or meeting planners, this luxury hotel in Manchester offers the elements for success. Spacious, well appointed guest rooms cradle you in comfort and are wired for high-speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Worsley Park, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.