“Satisfactory - good access to the motorway” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Worsley Brow, Worsley, Salford M28 2YA, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Worsley
GreenLeadersBronze level
Antwerp, Belgium
“Satisfactory - good access to the motorway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

This is a satisfactory hotel, by Novotel standards, but not outstanding. On the plus side, the hotel is very well located with excellent access to the motorway , and the city centre is accessible by car in around 25 minutes. Rooms are standard Novotel design, well maintained and clean . On the negative side, the rooms have no functioning air-conditioning, and the acoustics are poor so expect noise both from outside the room, and from next door’s bathroom and wc. As the hotel is not easily accessible by public transport, it is best suited to those with a car; also to be noted, for those unfamiliar with the area,is that Manchester is a large conurbation and that the hotel is in the west of the conurbation, and not central Manchester city itself.

Also worth pointing out , for anyone planning to stop over the weekend, is that this hotel has a number of function rooms, and appears to specialise in wedding parties ( I think there was one each night I stopped) ; as well as expected late night noise from guests stopping over, this did put severe pressure on parking spaces in the car park ( on the Saturday night, the car park was pretty much full, with no other local alternatives – a number of cars just parked on the access road) . I guess the character of the hotel is somewhat different during the week.

I stopped over the (Bank Holiday) weekend on a promotional offer ( around £35 night ) which was really good value for what I was getting – I’d happily stop again for that price as the hotel is satisfactory and the convenience for the motorway network can't be beaten , but wouldn’t rush back otherwise preferring to pay for a city centre hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Zak-Mouafik, General Manager at Novotel Manchester West, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for leaving your detailed feedback. I have reviewed it and may respond as follows.
I am pleased to see you found us easily from the Motorway however surprised disappointed that you found it difficult to park on Saturday night. We did have a wedding on that evening however this does not usually cause any issues with parking spaces. We currently have over 90 spaces which are free to use for all of our bonified guests. I will monitor this over the coming weeks to make sure that any non residents are not using our parking facility.
I was pleased to see you found our promotional package value for money.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back next time you are visiting the area.
Matt Brett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

We arrived at 1 am to be told that we did not have a reservation, it took the clerk nearly 45 minutes to find it. The room we were given was so noisy ( lift shaft next door?) that we asked to be moved. In the morning we were given a complimentary breakfast for our trouble which was excellent. The problems aside this is a fine hotel with an excellent pool and gym and we will stay here again on our next visit to Manchester.

• Stayed August 2011
Zak-Mouafik, Manager at Novotel Manchester West, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for leaving your feedback. My sincere apologies over the time taken to find your reservation however I was pleased you were happy with our response at the time.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are visiting the area.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Stayed here at the beginning of August for 1 night as a family of four 2 adults & 2 children. Were going to Man Utd for a Football Match on the friday & returning to football ground Saturaday Morning to watch the players in a open training session. This hotel was perfect for us, as it was only a 10 minute drive from Old Trafford.
The rooms were lovely very clean & very modern. Overall I got a good impression from the hotel although we didnt spend much time in it & didnt use the bar, gym or pool. The Gym did look well equiped & there was children in the outdoor pool.
Breakfast was lovely & was self service buffet, my only moan would be was that there was a large group of chinese teenagers? staying & breakfast was over run with them they didnt wait to be seated & just walked into the restaurant & didnt seem to know how to que just pushed in to the buffet que to get what they wanted & it was as though they had never been fed! We did have to wait for bits to be replenished on the cooked breakfast section but this isnt the hotels fault.
We will definatly stay at this hotel when we return to Manchester again

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Zak-Mouafik, General Manager at Novotel Manchester West, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for leaving your comments, I was pleased to see you found us ideally located for your trip to Old Trafford football ground. I was pleased to see you enjoyed your breakfast however I am sorry to hear some other residents pushed in the queue in front of you.
We hope to welcome you back next time you are coming to watch Manchester United at Old Trafford.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Novetel hotel for a weekend in August 2011. We were attending a family Wedding in the nearby Marriot hotel.
The Novetel is a nice clean, modern hotel with friendly staff. Decent, tasty buffet breakfast (English and continential) and bar food. Gym available and heated outdoor swimming pool. Animal accommodation also available as plenty of leafy, wooded surroundings.
Comfortable, spacious double ensuite plus t.v and tea/coffee making facilities.
The only things I would knock points off for is that there was no mini fridge, you also need a car to get to a shop for little bits and pieces. In addition the air conditioning during the Summer could be improved as quite clamy/stuffy.

Room Tip: Car needed.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Corsas,
Thank you for leaving your review of you recent stay with us. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your breakfast and found the Hotel clean and modern.
We do not currently have air-conditioning however we do have fans available on request should you require one.
We hope to welcome you back next time you are in the area.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Nice friendly staff, English a little limited when discussing restaurant recommendations so they went and sought help, which was fine. Nice and modern - stayed here twice now and a good night's sleep both times. Only thing I'd say is - pub next door is recommended a lot and I'm not keen, food not great. If you go into Manchester, taxis are expensive and the parking cost is £13 for the length of time to eat a plate of risotto, so make sure you allow for that. Car park can be a bit of a pain as our ticket didn't work twice and if there aren't staff at reception you have to wait - but all fine in the morning, just when we tried to go out for a meal - staff lovely however, just barrier is a pain.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Zak-Mouafik, General Manager at Novotel Manchester West, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Dear Newfalt2,
Thank you for leaving your comments and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and your positive comments about the team.
My apologies for the difficulties you had with the car park barrier, I will check this with the engineer to make sure there is no issue with the ticketing system.
Thank you again for your feedback..
Kind regards,
Kettering
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

The hotel was up to the usual standard for Novotel in terms of staff, cleanliness and facilities except there was no ait conditioning in the room and so it was very stuffy given the current weather. Made for an uncofrtable nights sleep but I could have taken advantage of a fan if I'd mentioned it sooner!

Would still recommend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Gary,
Thank you for your comments and I am pleased to hear you will use us again.
I fully understand that the weather last week was extremely hot however we do not currently have air-conditioning. We do as you say have fans available form reception.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.
Kind regards,
Matt Brett

Been to Novotel Manchester West? Share your experiences!