We stayed here for 7 nights on an all-inclusive deal, after a lot of deliberation. I came across this place as it was offered on a daily voucher deal (e.g. Groupon, Living Social, can't remember which), with a very good price for a suite with private pool, but I let a few negative reviews put me off. After much searching for other places on Rhodes I started to regret having dismissed it and eventually booked a standard room without an offer.
I don't pretend to know what 'real' 5-start quality is like, having never stayed in a Hilton or Savoy, but this place certainly tries very hard to be luxurious, and, for the most part, succeeds. The location, right on the coast, is beautiful, the whole hotel is spotlessly clean, and most communal areas, such as the lobby, have a touch of elegance and style about them.
The drink offering for the all-inclusive deal was pretty good, with a decent selection. The food was less impressive, and didn't vary much. It was always appetising and was satisfactory, but never more than that, after a few days with little variation in the choice on offer, it did get a bit boring. But that's a minor gripe. The outdoor area of the dining room is lovely, especially at breakfast time.
The exception is the food available in the Greek and Italian themed restaurants. Lots of people here seem to think the Italian meal is much better than the Greek, but we didn't think so. The Greek food was hearty, meaty and delicious and I'd recommend it. The Italian restaurant was pretentious and slightly amusing in its attempts to be Italian and 'posh', and the food wasn't really special.
We were glad we hadn't paid extra for a private pool. They're only really private in the sense that their guests have exclusive use of them. Everybody can see them as they walk around the complex, and they're not very big. They look nice enough, but during our whole week we didn't see a single person in their private pool, and we didn't wish that we had one for a moment. The main swimming pools are large, clean and fairly warm, and they served us just fine.
Our room was only a standard, but it was huge, with a lovely bathroom, large double bed (or, to be exact, two large singles pushed together), sofa, coffee table, fridge, TV (hardly any channels) and terrace with a gorgeous view. There was a shower over the bath which was hot and powerful, and the bath itself was of the 'jaccuzzi' variety, with jets to create lots of relaxing bubbles.
Although the hotel does have a private beach, in reality this is very small, and rocks separate the sand from the sea. You couldn't really enter the water from the beach, unless you wanted to jump off the rocks into what looked like pretty deep water. Still, it was a pleasant enough place to sit.
We visited Rhodes old town one day and had a lovely time, although the crowds were pretty bad until the cruise ships left at around 4pm. It's about half an hour away on the bus, which is very cheap, and no doubt less time by taxi. We also visited the nearby waterpark, which was all but deserted in mid-May, and had a great time. It, too, is only a short taxi ride away.
All in all, without offering anything especially stunning, the Kresten Royal Villas and Spa was a lovely, quiet, relaxing place to stay, with friendly staff, clean, attractive surroundings, adequate food and drink on the all-inclusive menu and lots of nearby places to visit. If you've read my review as being negative then I haven't expressed myself properly. I'd recommend this hotel to friends, as long as they weren't accustomed to unashamed luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kresten Royal Villas & SpaThe HotelThe luxurious newly build The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa, stands majestically on the magnificent Kallithea sloping hillside by the sea offering transpire great class, impeccable taste in seductive and stunning sea views of the Aegean, lies an ancient quarry site, (from which stone for the fortification of the City was excavated during the ancient and medieval ages), for unique privacy and relaxation.Everything composes an unforgettable picture. Aesthetically premises, breathtaking nature, warm and kind hearted people with a tradition of excellence in service, dedicated to your well being. Is situated 5,5 km from the famous UNESCO world heritage monument, medieval old town of Rhodes and within walking distance from the recently restored Kallithea Mineral Springs.Paying meticulous attention to cuisine excellence while attracting and employing friendly and helpful minded personnel, we strongly believe that “paying attention in every detail makes a hotel great”.Rooms & SuitesWhatever your choice might be… we have it…Make your choice for your accommodation in our hotel fromDouble roomsJunior Suites SuitesIf you don’t want to walk until the pool, or you want more privacy for your vacations you can choose from ourVillas with private pool:Villa Junior Suites with swimming poolRoyal Suites with swimming pool Our Arrival Offer consists ofBottle Of water, basket of fresh fruits, tea & coffee making facilities, bathrobes, slippers, towels for the beach and shower amenities. In every room you can findSatellite TV, Telephone, fridge, Safety deposit Box and Internet connection through EthernetDiningThere is a famous Greek phrase, “I agapi pernaei apo to stomachi” which means that love is getting bigger and stronger from good Food, and we are ready to offer you a wide variety of choices, top quality and the spirit of the Greek service. Our Food and beverage program was made with our guests’ satisfaction in mind. General All Inclusive Terms:The hotel offers the use of the theme restaurants, included in the ALL Inclusive program, twice (2) per week, instead of dinner at the main restaurant. A reservation is required, at least one day earlier, along with the special meal voucher provided at the hotel reception, upon arrival.Alcohol consumption is allowed to adults only. You may order two drinks per person, at a time.Dress Code: During Dinner at all available restaurants gentlemen must wear long trousers.FacilitiesDuring your Stay you will be surrounded by our state of the art Sport facilities, the newest machinery in our Gym and our variety of pools. You can take a look at our in-Hotel store or you can relax at our spa. 1 external Pool with Sea Water2 external Pools with Sweet Water1 Children’s Pool1 Indoor Pool (Heated)Tennis CourtsFootball Court 5x5Basketball / Volleyball CourtGymSpa (Not Included In the All Inclusive)Super Market (Not Included In the All Inclusive)MeetingsInterested in business? Interested in planning incentive trips for your company? Making a convention? Now combine all these thoughts with a spectacular location, and leisure facilities and you will get an unforgettable experience of business & relaxation at the same time.The Convention Centre, “Golden Hall” is an autonomous building with its own separate entrance and lobby, seats 500 participants and it is equipped with state of the art simultaneous translation facilities as well as divisible smaller meeting rooms, a business center, VIP lounge, press room and a bistro styled coffee shop, makes it ideal destination, for incentive groups.EntertainmentYour entertainment during your stay is as important as your relaxation & dining experience.Except the usage of our facilities for athletics like tennis, basketball, football, volleyball and our gym, Our Animation Team is at your disposal with:Children Activities & playgroundMorning gymnastics & daily activities. Mini Disco for our little customers& Spectacular Shows for your evening entertainmentWeddingsHoneymoon Memories are simply moments that refuse to be ordinary. Falling in love is the magical moment of everybody’s life and our resort is a honeymoon destination, simply once experienced never forgotten.The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa is ideal for an unforgettable wedding ceremony and reception, for special memorable moments, for quiet and relaxing Holiday.SpaFeel free to relax in our new spa facilities and treatments from day 1. Our professional trained staff and our newly made spa facilities are waiting for The biggest star of your vacations…You! A variety of treatments and a world of body relaxation have opened their doors for you.Our Superb Mediterranean Spa gives you the opportunity to indulge yourself with using its exclusive natural products, and unforgettable service. A wellness center with fully equipped gymnasium and Spa with steam bath, sauna, different massage - wellness treatment rooms and an indoor Pool, shall be at your service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kresten Royal Villas And Spa
- The Kresten Royal Villas Hotel Kallithea
- The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa Rhodes/Kallithea