“Nice, but needs improvement” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Treasure Island
Save Saved
You added Hotel Treasure Island to your Saves list
Hotel Treasure Island
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Carr. 172 Interior Kilometer 13.5 | Barrio. Bayamon, Cidra 00739, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cidra
Miami, Florida
“Nice, but needs improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I just came from a visit to Puerto Rico. My sister recommended we stayed at this hotel.
The staff was very nice and courteous. I ended up somewhat dissappointed due to the fact that although we stayed for 4 days, our room was never cleaned and there was only 2 regular size towels in the bathroom (we were a family of four). Also there was a tiny soap in the sink area but no soap in the tub. I know I should have let the staff know but we usually left early in the morning and only went to the room to sleep. Again, other than that, I recommend the hotel as it is very nice and quiet and my stay was all around a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from the ice machine which is on the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Horrible service, they ruined our wedding day. We can't express how disappointed this place was. We decided to do our wedding reception at the hotel and paid $50 for each guest!! OVERPRICED!!!

They were very rude with my guests and the family of the groom. Luis Davila argued with my mom and was very rude. He ruined our wedding day!!! We don't even had utensils to eat our dinner at the groom and bride table. The kids were starving and the hotel personnel made a mess with the kids food. My mother-in-law had to ask for a meal for one of the kids!!! How is that possible??!!! Then Luis Davila told one of our guests that we only paid for X number of kid and the other kid had to wait because we didn't paid for them!!!! I could not believe it!!! We paid for more people than the ones at the reception!!!

The Chef (Rocky) excused with us for everything. He was really nice and the food was really good.

Part of the package WE selected included a night at the hotel. So, when WE finally get to the room, it was dirty. Apparently someone used the bathroom and forgot to flush the toilet!!! That was disgusting!!!

The hotel event coordinator never called or cared about what happened!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Laurel, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in October for a wedding (the reception was there and was very nice). Getting there was difficult because there is no GPS signal in this small mountain town. But I got there and checked in. The room was basic. No hairdryer, I had to request it but they brought me one to my room. Breakfast in the morning is complimentary but nothing too special. The Puerto Rican coffee is amazing. The staff was very helpful and kind. The pool looked decent but had only a few chairs and it wasn't warm/sunny enough for me to enjoy it. There is sufficient parking and the property is secure with a guard. BEAUTIFUL mountain views and you're surrounded by nature which is very relaxing. The bed wasn't that great and what irritated me was the bathroom was SO hot since the AC is by the window on the other side of the room. Overall it did the job for me to stay there for the wedding.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Edgewater, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

The good - the staff were very pleasant - and after seeing all of the concrete - I agree with sunsetkeysusie this time - I wanted our payment returned. Since this was not allowable the staff very kindly offered an upgrade to the cottages, which we felt was more than compensating. Ours had the best view and the rooms were clean and pleasant. But no phone, and this is important.

The bad - it was Saturday night and the club near the cottages played non-stop pounding music until 5 am, the last cars and motorcycles left at 5:30. I only slept from 9:30 until 1 am when the pounding woke me up. This is not the nature experience that we had received the night before in another hotel.
We were told security guards are around - that was not our experience aound the cottages.

We only saw a few cars parked that next morning from those that stayed at this hotel. We got the same impression as prevous reviewers. We should have read them more carefully. Never again.

I will say one of the staff left a message wanting to interview us as to our harrowing experience. When I called the number, the person hung up and I tried a half of dozen times and left my message and contact information. Never a return call. I then decided to write this review after giving them the benefit of contacting me but no response.

I know there are some very nice people that work there - in the restaurant and at the desk but this was not what we were looking for.......

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Fenwick Island, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

I have not been in prison. This has to be what it is like. You walk in the entrance and all you see is concrete. The chairs by the pool all 6 of them are in bad shape. The vendong machines all say out of order. This hotel should be too. I hate for anyone to go out of business nut this is on the way. We are the only people here. That alone is scary. Treasure Island what a joke. Prison Island is more like it.

• Stayed February 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I thought the Hotel had changed, according to its new publicity, but it has not. Got there at 9:00 and there was only a security guard, no registrar, no keys to a reserved room....an hour of wait for the already paid room to be opened. Only 5 rooms occupied with people in the whole place.....hhhmmmmm. Sounds bad.... I will never go there anymore. I didn't feel safe there. In the morning, I only saw executives leaving alone, like if it was a secluded romance encounter for lovers. shame, shame shame.....

Room Tip: keep going to Ponce......... they have better places
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Camden, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

This hotel in Cidra is well-hidden and has some beautiful scenery. I was there for a week, using the hotel as a base to explore Puerto Rico. I was dissapointed that I had to ask 2xs for the room to be cleaned and during the week "breakfast included" was a small ham and cheese sandwich and coffee. I am ok with continental breakfast but this was pushing it. One of the days, they forgot breakfast altogether. Also, if you are planning to sleep on the weekend, dont expect much rest with the club playing blasting music until after 4am!! The staff was professional and polite and the rooms were clean but basic....

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Treasure Island? Share your experiences!