Our second summer holiday at Gwel an Mor. Lovely quiet site and a good base to explore Cornwall. Lodge was cosy and clean.
The pool is small but it was a good place to teach my small children to swim as it's quite deep and they couldn't reach the bottom. If you want to visit the restaurant you might want to book as it was dead busy when we arrived at 7pm on a Weds evening and they had to squeeze us in, the food was good though so it was worth it.
We enjoyed rock pooling with Gary down on Portreath Beach - hermit crabs, fish and a starfish were among our finds! The Atlantic Cafe on the beach is also a good place to eat.
Portreath village is very small and quiet but it has a bakery and corner shop, there is a large Tescos a few miles away if you want to do a big shop.
- Also Known As:
- Gwel An Mor 5 Star Holiday Hotel Portreath
- Gwel An Mor 5 Star Holiday Hotel
- Gwel An Mor Portreath, Cornwall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gwel an Mor is Cornish for "View of the Sea." We are a 5 Star luxury self catering holiday resort which sits high on hills above the Atlantic Ocean in Cornwall.Our grand Scandinavian style holiday lodges blend beautifully into landscaped gardens and the surrounding countryside. Truly inviting with a relaxed but luxury style, the two and three bedroom lodges have everything you may need – down to the hot tub on your private terrace and log burner in the living area. Alongside the traditional wooden lodges, we also offer the contemporary style of the Residence. Launched in 2012, these exclusive eco lodges provide the ultimate in high-end holiday accommodation, complete with underfloor heating, mood lighting, DVD and music players and WiFi. You'll even find a plasma TV in the bathroom. Our Clubhouse boasts a fully equipped gym, indoor pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna while outside there is a children’s play area, tennis courts and a putting and croquet lawn.For more grown-up indulgences, The Wellbeing Spa offers an extensive menu of pampering facial, body and cosmetic treatments designed to relax, revitalise and rejuvenate you using marine inspired products. With a great reputation amongst visitors and locals, the Terrace Restaurant at Gwel an Mor is an informal bistro style venue with a locally sourced, innovative menu. With an emphasis on using the best seasonal ingredients the Southwest has to offer, the Terrace even offers a take away service so you can indulge in the comfort of your lodge. One of the truly unique aspects to a stay with us is the chance to meet some of the local wildlife. ... more less