“Not worth the visit” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 11 Restaurants in Portreath
Cuisines: English
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Waterfront Inn sits on a secret beach in Portreath, Traditional English pub and restaurant specialising in local fresh fish.
Porthtowan
“Not worth the visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My son took me there for a Mother's day treat as he enjoyed the carvery there on a previous occassion. I wish we had stayed at home. Leg of pork slices, so tough you could sole your shoes with it. No crackling - owner claimed they did not have the oven facility and 'it all costs money'. I have to say that the roast potatoes were very good and the carrot, peas and greens passable. When we went up to the counter to see what the carvery was offering we were told to go and sit down until our table was called up. I would have to be starving to go there again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Redruth, United Kingdom
“Carvery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Helen and Clem do the best carvery in the locality. Go and try it it really is first class. Great hosts and great food

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cornwall, UK
“Thanks Helen and Clem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Thanks for yet another scrumptious carvery. 20+ of us from the Portreath Harbour Association had our Christmas Meal at the Waterfront last evening and as usual the meal was delicious! Your carvery is second to none in my opinion!! Won't want to eat anything much today!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pulborough, United Kingdom
“Best Crab Sandwiches I've ever had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Portreath is not one of the most picturesque village in cornwall but it is worth a visit just to sample a crab sandwich in the Waterfront Inn. The best crab sandwich I've ever had, huge chunks of crab, caught from a fishing boat visible from the pub window with just the right amount of mayonaise.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The staff here were very friendly but the pub/restaurant itself lacked atmosphere and I was disappointed with the food and ale selection. Traditional fish, chips and mushy peas looked ok, but the Megrim sole was a little dry. Much preferred the Basset Arms.

Visited October 2012
waterfrontPortreath, Manager at The Waterfront Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I wonder if you have mistakenly reviewed the wrong place as The Waterfront Inn has four real ales on all the time at the time of your review these were Skinners Knocker, Sharps Doombar, Wells Bombardier and Courage Best we also carry 3 draught ciders, 2 largers, Guiness and John Smiths. I note that you like anywhere that serves Doom and anywhere that serves doom goes up in your estimation,I think you must have been somewhere else.