“Top restaurant in Munich area” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Munich, Germany
“Top restaurant in Munich area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I live in Munich, I have gone to many restaurants, and it is fair to say that this is one of the best restaurants, not only in Garching but also in the entire Munich area.

The service is friendly and fast, quality of meat and ingredients in general far above average, and the price is astonishing low for such a quality of food and service, specially for a restaurant in Munich.

They are specially good with grilled meat, I recommend Grilled Chicken Breast with cheese cover, and the famous 'Bifteki'.

They also have nice details like complementary drink shoots at the beginning and at the end, and complementary deserts.

• Visited January 2014

100% Recommend
  • Polish first
Stockholm
“Best restaurant in town"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We visited a friend in Garching and went to Poseidon last saturday. The restaurant was fully booked but we got a table within 10 minutes. An ouzo on the house to start with was a nice touch. We had a mix of cold starters to share and Ihad lamb cuts for main. Really well cooked and the staff made sure that we had a good time. Before leaving we was offered a small dessert and a Metaxa-shot for free.

I really recommend this restaurant!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice Greek local restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice cozy restaurant, efficient waiters, and the food is ok, but did not blow my mind away neither. So I am not sure if we will come back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Munich, Germany
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We wewre there with family and friends on the 8-2-13 for dinner. It was better than I expected. Good food, warm welcome, attentive staff and great atmosphere. My grumpy Son immidietly warmed up to the occassion once we were in. I'm looking forward to going there again in the summer . Fully recomended.

• Visited February 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Nice restaurant in the heart of Garching”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

While attending a conference at the Forschungszentrum Garching I had an opportunity to try several local restaurants. Poseidon was clearly my favorite. The menu offers the standard greek dishes but I consider this a plus - everything I tried was delicious. Friendly staff and how nice is it to start dinner with an ouzo on the house. I plan to come back the next time I visit Garching.

• Visited May 2012