“Fun to do” 4 of 5 stars

Sharon, Massachusetts, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Fun to do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was fun. 2 people get to ride a camel.I was in the back and my husband was in the front Once completed you get a camlel driving license. A nice dinner is included by Abraham.

Herzlia, Israel
10 attraction reviews
“Great desert adventure and camel riding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great adventure to experience in the heart of Negev desert. Rooms are simple but fit the atmosphere . Food is excellent and traditionally Bedouin stile cooked . Best service of the family that owns the place. Professional camels farm. To visit or to sleep in .

Visited July 2012
Rancho Cordova, California
“Awsome off the beaten path experiance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

From the moment I arrived this was a great experience. I took the train from Tel Aviv to Beer Sheeva and then took a bus to Dimona. Got to Dimona late about 8:30pm, but I called the Camel Ranch and they came and picked me up anyway just like their add said they would. Mrs. Ullmann the owners wife actually picked me up and was very kind. They accomodated my late arrival and still made me feel right at home with hot tea and one of the workers there offered to cook me dinner anyway (Naved i believe) and it was wonderful. Woak up the next morning and took a sunrise hike to the top of one of the hills and wondered through a close by canyon which led me to some old ruins at Mamshit. Then I returned from my early morning hike for a delightful breakfast served at these tables where you have to lie down to eat. It was wonderful food, fruit, bread, coffee, juice, hummis, jelly, cheeses, and so much more, I felt like I was at a 5 star hotel. The people that work there spoke english and helped me identify some animals i took pictures of on my early morning hike, (conies in the rocks) The camel ride was great. I have nothing to say but good things about this place. What can I say I love simple, authentic, off the beaten path, quality places, this was one of them.

Toronto, Canada
“Friendly, funny and relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was just at the Negev Camel Ranch last week and loved it. The room is spartan but the hospitality was great, the atmosphere very relaxing and the food healthy and delicious.

Jerusalem
“A Unique Experience, and Fascinating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I ended my 3 week tour of Israel with 2 nights at this fascinating place in the Negev Desert, located on the path of the ancient spice road from Arabia to the Mediterranean Sea. It was an experience unique and special in many ways.
Ariel Ullmann, the host and owner of the ranch, is a modern Israeli man, with one foot in the present, the other in the past. He learned about camels by apprenticing with Arab Bedouins when a teenager, and realized then that he had found his direction in life. He combines that experience with the most modern of animal husbandry science to raise healthy, well-adjusted camels, and shares his knowledge with people as far away as Australia and Northern India. I learned more about the Nabataeans, camels, and the ancient spice caravan trail, in a one hour camel ride with Ariel than a full day with a guide to Petra, where the Nanataeans based their empire.
The room was basic, but I slept very well on a good, firm bed. The meals were outstanding. It was a highlight of my trip, which was filled with wonderous experiences.

Visited April 2013