We have been to Costa Rica many times, and we are a family in our thirties with a child. This resort is 80% Costa Rican and 20% american/other nationalities. It is the closest all inclusive to San Jose.
The good: close to many tours, great pools, the best drinks we have had in Costa Rica, good food and it has 8-10 gluten free marked items, sunny weather in the rainy season, close to the ferry. The swim up bars are fantastic. Great kids club activities and lots of kids here. The beds are good and the ocean view is great. Our room was renovated and nice. We had plenty of towels.
There is a great walking pier to see the sunset with a bar in the middle of it. There are chairs for sitting. Great for watching surfers too.
Pools are open till 8:00, which is unusual in CR.
The location: it is close to San Jose, a few hours away from Monteverde, Poas, Peace Lodge, manuel Antonio, Jaco, etc...
The bad: the beach is not swim able but it's great for surfing/boogie boarding, the restaurants are stuffy and the lobby is unbearably hot with no breeze, the checkin is the worst i have had in Costa Rica. It's just a poor design, but it didn't cause us to enjoy the resort less.
There are better AI options in Costa Rica, but they are in Guanacaste and much farther from San Jose. It made a great relaxing place for a few days in the middle of our vacation. We went from the Peace Lodge to here and then on to Manuel Antonio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest all-inclusive resort to San Jose! Doubletree Resort by Hilton Costa Rica - Central Pacific is a modern, full-amenity, all-inclusive resort hotel. This beachfront Costa Rica Hilton hotel is perfectly situated on the Central Pacific region outside the port city of Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Located only 50 minutes West of Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) and the Costa Rican capital city of San Jose, and two hours south of Liberia International Airport (LIR). Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily. Snacks and drinks available all day long. Two a-la-carte restaurants open for dinner. All-day activities for adults, teenagers or children, nightly entertainment and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Hotel El Roble
- Doubletree El Roble
- Doubletree Hotel By
- Hilton El Roble
- El Roble Hilton
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Province Of Puntarenas