We visited this resort May 26-30, 2013. The staff were excellent and we would like to especially thank the staff at the Hilton Honors Guest Services - we were welcomed and as Diamond members treated exceptionally well. It was nice to know our business was appreciated. Thank you so much to Kary who made our transportation arrangements with Chico and for her attention to our needs while we were there. She is extremely professional and a delight to deal with.
Just a few comments - we could not swim in the ocean and that was disappointing. We were told that normally you can swim at the beach but not at this time of the year due to a river that flows into that area and causes a lot of disruption. The water was dirty and logs large enough to cause serious injury were rolling in with the waves. The food in the buffet was not to our taste but that is our problem not the resort's - the fare leaned towards the Latin American guests who were the majority of vacationers. There were larger-sized cockroaches in the buffet area and that might have affected my appetite as it is not something we are used to in food areas. If I didn't know better I'd swear they targeted my feet but I solved the problem by eating with my feet up! Cockroaches are normal in warmer climates but usually you won't see them in the dining areas. This is something that the hotel should address by having more bug spray in that area.
The snack and pool bar at the main pool are under renovation and closed so the second pool was very crowded and consisted primarily of several young families. The seafood restaurant was excellent and the bartender at the "beach" bar very friendly. The spa was lovely and a nice respite from the humidity.
We did one tour to Torguga Island so we could have a beach day and we used Ricky Ricardo Tours - he is an excellent tour operator - he doesn't arrange for Tortuga Island but went out of his way and arranged it for us anyway and even picked us up personally at the hotel and drove us to the boat. The crew on the boat are excellent and a big shout out to Freddie! The beach is small but at least you can swim and the lunch provided was excellent. Note: you have to pay for your alcohol on the boat unlike other Caribbean Islands where it is included and they need cash so if you go bring cash.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest all-inclusive resort to San Jose! Doubletree Resort by Hilton Costa Rica - Central Pacific is a modern, full-amenity, all-inclusive resort hotel. This beachfront Costa Rica Hilton hotel is perfectly situated on the Central Pacific region outside the port city of Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Located only 50 minutes West of Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) and the Costa Rican capital city of San Jose, and two hours south of Liberia International Airport (LIR). Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily. Snacks and drinks available all day long. Two a-la-carte restaurants open for dinner. All-day activities for adults, teenagers or children, nightly entertainment and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels so you can book your Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Hotel El Roble
- Doubletree El Roble
- Doubletree Hotel By
- Hilton El Roble
- El Roble Hilton
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Province Of Puntarenas