We just returned from Costa Rica, where we spent 4 nights at the Doubletree Resort. While the rates were fabulous, and the room included all meals and drinks, I would not return to this Hilton property, specifically because the rooms were less than adequate. Considering the humidity level, I can understand the reasoning behind a lack of carpeting in the room. However, housekeeping did an extremely poor job of washing the floor on a daily basis, and our feet/socks were constantly dirty. The bathrooms were stocked with a bare minimum of amenities, and we had to ask housekeeping to deliver the bare essentials such as toilet paper, tissues and towels.
They were stocked on an inconsistent basis. The room itself only offers CNN in English, and the furniture is standard dormitory issue. The bed was slightly lop-sided, but after a days activities, sleep wasn't a problem. Walls are not very insulated and we could hear children in adjacent rooms, unfortunately. Air-conditioning worked well, as did the hot water. Meals were okay in the private restaurnats, however we did enjoy the seafood restaurant which would be reserved with a minimun of a 4 night stay. There was a surcharge on lobster which was fine as the meal was delicious and well cooked. I think this is the resorts signature restaurant and much thought went into preparation. Included was a fresh cheviche station with plantation chips. Breakfast was wonderful, with many items to choose from including several hot food stations, however I was bothered by the dessert display at dinner which was subjected to an overhead fan which had a collection of dead insects embedded in the paddles, and not much of a cooling mechanism. Personnel was very helpful and polite which included tour desk, reservation desk and dining and bar areas. The hotel on a whole needs a major rennovation, including Bldg. 3 which supposedly the newest and best wing where we stayed. We wouldn't choose this resort for our next trip to Costa Rica, although for a family including children, the price can't be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest all-inclusive resort to San Jose! Doubletree Resort by Hilton Costa Rica - Central Pacific is a modern, full-amenity, all-inclusive resort hotel. This beachfront Costa Rica Hilton hotel is perfectly situated on the Central Pacific region outside the port city of Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Located only 50 minutes West of Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) and the Costa Rican capital city of San Jose, and two hours south of Liberia International Airport (LIR). Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily. Snacks and drinks available all day long. Two a-la-carte restaurants open for dinner. All-day activities for adults, teenagers or children, nightly entertainment and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Hilton Hotels so you can book your Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Hotel El Roble
- Doubletree El Roble
- Doubletree Hotel By
- Hilton El Roble
- El Roble Hilton
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Province Of Puntarenas