My husband and I were scheduled to spend a week by the beach for his birthday week. And as soon as we arrived, we wanted to leave. This is NOT at all like the Doubletree in the US. The rooms were dark, musty, old, smelly, and run-down. Since we booked this hotel using our time-share, we requested for other rooms. None of the rooms offered to us were acceptable, especially considering what we "paid" (with points) for a Hilton. We then learned that some buildings were newly renovated. But there were no rooms available for us. When my husband offered to pay in cash, i.e. foregoing the "points" we had already paid, the manager miraculously found us a room in one of the newly-renovated buildings. Bottom-line for us, we had to pay double for a standard, 3*, no room service type of room in a hotel with pebbly beach.
Moreover, the whole property was packed with day-trippers from the city. All the pools were packed all day long. Plus, there were organized activities all day long when the "leader" used a blasting mega-phone. NOT at all quiet and serene. NO privacy. NOT a place for a couple to get-away. It was like there were a hundred grand family reunions happening all at the same time.
Food quality was ok considering buffet. But there were lines and you feel rushed all the time. There were a couple of restaurants in the property accepting reservations but they were always full.
I would NOT send my family and friends to this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Hotel El Roble
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Hotel
- Doubletree El Roble
- Doubletree Hotel By
- Hilton El Roble
- El Roble Hilton
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Province Of Puntarenas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest all-inclusive resort to San Jose! Doubletree Resort by Hilton Costa Rica - Central Pacific is a modern, full-amenity, all-inclusive resort hotel. This beachfront Costa Rica Hilton hotel is perfectly situated on the Central Pacific region outside the port city of Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Located only 50 minutes West of Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) and the Costa Rican capital city of San Jose, and two hours south of Liberia International Airport (LIR). Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily. Snacks and drinks available all day long. Two a-la-carte restaurants open for dinner. All-day activities for adults, teenagers or children, nightly entertainment and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hilton Hotels, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.