“Not Hilton standard” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica

You added Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica to your Saves list
Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   El Roble 171-400 Puntarenas, El Roble 5400, Costa Rica (Formerly Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Costa Rica - Puntarenas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$109/person ALL INCLUSIVE
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in El Roble
“Not Hilton standard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel is old, and in need of a renovation for rooms and bathrooms. AC is old and make a lot of noise. It has 3 buildings, we stay in building no. 3 the best one, because we are Hilton Gold members. Location is nice, right at the beach with black sand (not my favorite as is more like dirt). They have 3 pools but the adult one was full of kids. We had all inclusive, food is average, personal is pretty nice. I guess is very popular resort for Costa Ricans or other Central Americans, because they make about 90% of tourists here, just about 10% Americans. To make story short, this is not a Hilton standard, more like a Holiday Inn standard.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear SimoSparky:

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I was glad to read from your review that you found our rooms to be the best ones and that you found our service to be good. I do however understand that you were disappointed with a few issues and sincerely apologize for this. We are always listening to our guests and I will definitely keep your comment about the A/C in mind to improve.

We appreciate your business and we do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in Costa Rica.

Ricardo Rodriguez Gil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very relaxing and fun place. The staff is very courteous. Beautiful location and awesome food.
All Inclusive and great entertainment too in the evening.
Three different Pool locations. One for smaller kids too. Nice lawn and relax by the beach, or the pool.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Vinntx:

Thank you very much for your comments; it is a pleasure to serve you. I am very happy that you felt welcomed by the staff and the enjoyed the facilities and delicious food variety, too.

Our service values are always in mind to serve our guests, that is why I appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I go every year twice with my family. Personnel is great and dedicate to give you a great service. When my baby was less than a year old, i couldn't find something for her in the buffet so chefs prepared her fruits and cereal without asking them to do so. What a great place! And now is all inclusive 24*7!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Gambesq:

We really appreciate your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to know that since long time ago you found our Resort as place of preference to enjoy holidays. We appreciate your business, and for that reason we do everything we can to ensure our guests satisfaction, specially if it is for the little ones of the family .

Once again, thank you very much for your positive feedback shared through Tripadvisor web site, we hope to welcome you all together very soon .

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We went as a group on my boyfriend's company trip.
The good:
The food was pretty decent and the dining area is pretty
The rooms were clean
The sleep quality was good as you couldn't hear outside
The swim up bar is decent
Beer on tap
The beach/water was very nice
The sunsets by the pier were beautiful
The staff front desk and tour guides were very accommodating

The cons:
Not the nicest rooms (but again clean)
The beach isn't flat, if you want to lay out on their chairs at the beach you have to drag them by the water down a little hill a ways, basically off the resort
Weak drinks

Room Tip: You get what you pay for. It's not the nicest but the rooms are clean, quiet and the food was...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear AndSol:

Thank you very much for your comments , it was a pleasure to have you here visiting with us. Although we are very happy that you enjoyed or food selection, that you found our rooms to be clean and our staff was accommodating with you Rest assured I will share your comments with the team to correct some of your comments on the cons.

Our service values are very important to us and that is why I appreciate your feedback.

We thank you again, and we hope you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I am a Hilton gold member so this might sway my review a little.

The food... I was worried from reading the reviews that the food would be terrible. My boyfriend enjoyed the buffet so much he was sad to leave! I learned what to eat and there were many stations where there was freshly cooked meat or dishes. We ate at the Mexican restaurant one night and that was delicious! We also had a romantic dinner for my birthday (cost extra) which was very nice. It was private and also very good.

The atmosphere.. This seemed like a very local resort, the weekend definitely had more going on, the weekdays were very quiet. There is nothing to do after about 9:30- the shows were a little cheesy for our taste and all in Spanish (activities too).

We had a massage at the spa which was the best massage we have ever had- thank youTara and Marie Chris!

The drinks... They were ok- not top shelf but what do you expect for all inclusive? The bar tenders were great- especially Jose and jimmy. I was surprised that nobody else seemed to be tipping
them! The pool bars were fun!

The beach... Not good. But none of the beaches in the area are- so go to tortuga island for a good beach day. The hotel has multiple pools and areas to catch some sun. The pier is pretty at sunset.

The room... We stayed in building 3 and I couldn't have asked for anything better. It was clean and better than the Hilton we stayed at in Chicago! The only trouble we had was the water was black for about a half hour the second day we were there. It was very odd but didn't last so we were ok and didn't complain.

Special thank you to Gabriela at guest services for helping coordinate everything- she was great!

Overall this was a good stay- as I expect from the Hilton name. The location is good for day tours. Thanks hotel fiesta!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Annieco13:

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at our hotel. I was pleased to read from that you found our staff was very helpful and that the overall experience was worthy for you. Our main priority is for all of our guests to have a welcoming stay.

Regarding the beach, Central Pacific coasts in Costa Rica are distinguished by it dark colored sand with water is completely good for swimming at most of them. Our guests’ feedback is incredibly important to us; I do appreciate your comments that transmit the essence of the brand quality and hospitable service for everyone.

We really appreciate your business; thank you again for your feedback and loyalty to Hilton hotels.

Mission Viejo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed here as visiting family in Puntarenas and this is probably the best property around. Rooms are okay, clean and adequate. Although all inclusive we didn't eat here too often. Drinks are light so you end up drinking more. The main pool is pretty cool so for a family with kids this might be an okay place. The weather here in April is hot, hot, not. I sweltered in the restaurant as it's all outdoors. Never caught the entertainment - again, outdoors so would have sweltered some more. For us, it served a purpose and we enjoyed having a nice room with air conditioning and some amenities. Pretty basic but the price is probably good for a family where kids are king. Not really in a convenient area for the big national parks or nicer beach areas.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Travelernottourist:

Thanks for your review, we appreciate the time you have taken to give us valuable feedback about your experience at our resort. We very appreciate your business and take you for selecting our hotel.

Please let me invite you to visit again our Hotel and enjoy our convenient location, since we are in a very strategic point from where, you will have access to the most important tourist spots in Costa Rica, because we are in the middle of the major attractions and this allows our guests to visit them in a short time allowing them to enjoy even more and something that really characterize our hotel is the volcanic sand beach which makes part of our tropical scenery, typilcallly of the Pacific part of our country, the pacific Coastline is known worldwide as being perfect for sport fishing, surfing and just for enjoying the visitis to the island close by.

Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Beautiful location and very economical as an all-inclusive. Right on the beach with a nice pier and very scenic. I loved the breakfasts and pizza at the snack bar, but was not too crazy about the dinners. As far as booze, I didn't recognize any of the alcohol brands; they were definitely not top shelf. I enjoyed the swim up bar in the main pool. Even if I didn't recognize the brand of rum, the pina coladas were still delicious.

The guest services person went above and beyond. I was very impressed with her level of service.

There were a lot of fun activities by the pool: trivia contests, dance lessons, hula hooping, rolling around in the star ball. One day they filmed a TV Game show on the property and that was very entertaining.

At night, there was great entertainment in the theater. I didn't care much for Sunday night "Doubletree Idol" but the dance and comedy performances were wonderful.

All in all, a great value. It wasn't as remote as I had hoped but for the price, amazing. It kind of reminded me of being on a cruise ship. My favorite part of staying here was that there were very few other Americans or foreigners. Most of the people we met were from nearby San Jose. I love meeting the natives so this was a huge plus for me.

Tip: For excursions, head to the travel agency right across the beach or look for their reps by the pier. They have much better prices than offered by the hotel excursion desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear CRPGuru:

We really appreciate your time writing this positive and detailed review.

It is my pleasure to hear from you that the stay was truly pleasant and how you enjoyed the food, facilities and the hospitality offered by our team members.

Again, thank you for sharing your kind words with the Trip Advisor community about the delightful experience you had in Costa Rica and at the Doubletree Resort.

We hope see you back in the near future and have the honor to serve you one more time.

Ricardo Rodríguez Gil

Been to Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica? Share your experiences!