“Hilton Doubletree Resort-AWESOME...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica

Save Saved
You added Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica to your Saves list
Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   El Roble 171-400 Puntarenas, El Roble 5400, Costa Rica (Formerly Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Costa Rica - Puntarenas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$109/person ALL INCLUSIVE
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in El Roble
Albany, New York
“Hilton Doubletree Resort-AWESOME...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Hi all~
Me and my partner stayed at this wonderful resort and had the BEST time ever. The service, accommodations, staff, food, location and weather was beyond belief. This was our first time in Costa Rica but it will not be our last. I will definitely stay here at the Hilton again. Just an FYI, look for outside vendors for you excursions they are much more catered and the price is much more reasonable. Enjoy

Room Tip: Choose outside excursions-much more reasonably priced
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Josepha H

Thank you very much for your positive comments, we really appreciate it, and motivates us to continue improving our services every day to all our guests in order to make your holiday an unforgettable experience.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed a wonderful experience at our resort, in especially for the hospitality service, food and the warm treatment from our staff.

Thank you very much for making us part of your vacation, we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Ricardo Rodríguez Gil
Gerente General

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel was okay for breakfast and supper. But was never arouns for lunch. Our room was great amd quiet in building 1. Pools were amazing and i enjoyed the snack bar.

We went mainly for tours. We went across the street to syl travel and randy was awesome! We got great deals amd ended up going to see the sights every say! Wouls highly recommend them for tours! Same tour as hotel but a fraction of the price! They became like family to us and always watched our back!

I did enjoy the hotel when we were there. Tip housekeeping and you get awesome towel art! Loved watching the stars at night from the comfy lounge chairs!

• Stayed March 2013
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear dianahouse:

We appreciate your visit to our Resort and your positive feedback, good to know that your stay was pleasant and the hotel for its location was the starting point for the exploration of our wonderful country.

Very glad you enjoyed the comfort of our facilities, swimming pools and breakfast and dinner service.

Additionally, I appreciate your comments about the lunch variety it help us to take action to improve the quality of gastronomic offer.

We realize that every guest has a choice when traveling, so we thank you for making Costa Rica and Doubletree Resort by Hilton Puntarenas your choice.

Again, thank you very much for visiting and sharing their views with travelers worldwide.

Best Regards,

Ricardo Rodriguez
denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel is a Hilton property but seemed like a best western! Not worth paying for this hotel. I luckily used points so it wasn't that bad, but come on... no real fruit in the drinks in the tropics! Food was bland and not great. Service was great, rooms were great, but the quality of the food and drinks, which is why you do "all inclusive" was not good! I would much rather have paid for good food and good drinks and just stayed at a normal hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear SPGplatinum Ten…

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I was glad to read from your review that you found our rooms to be great and that you found our service to be good. I do however understand that you were disappointed with a few issues and sincerely apologize for this. We are always listening to our guests and I will definitely keep your comment in mind to improve the quality and selection of our offerings.

We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide with everything you are accustomed to receive. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Really impressive property... after a week, we still didn't get to swim in every pool and try all the places to eat! Felt very much like we were on a cruise ship... complete with daily activites pool side, shopping, helpful, courteous (bilingual) staff and evening shows (some for adults... some for kids).

Food was tasty and had some diversion, though I'm a fan of local cuisine. Bartenders were all kind and attentive, entertainment staff were engaging and definitly captivated the audience.

Spa had just opened while we were there and we had some of the first massages. It was truly blissful to lay in the open air under a palm leaf roof and watch the waves roll and the palms sway while getting treatments. Pricing was quite good as well.

You can pay your airport exit tax as a convience (for a small $3-5 fee thereabouts) and practically any question we asked was answered quickly and correctly or the right information was found and we were advised by phone to the room.

Bed was REALLY really comfortable, water pressure fabulous, room faced one of the pools and there was no problem with noise thanks to the whir of the A/C. Amazing value for an all inclusive resort. Just under 2 hours by car from San Jose, we also drove to Manual Antonio and back in one day as well as Arenal/La Fortuna and back in one day.

Room Tip: Easy day trips to Manual Antonio and Arenal Volcano. Clean, great value. A+
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Miss_JB_916:

Receive a warm greeting on behalf of all our team members and Management. We really appreciate such positive and well detailed feedback. I am glad to hear your opinion about the amazing value for all services received at Doubletree Resort by Hilton Central Pacific.

Moreover, I am delighted to realize how you had an amazing time in the facilities and was indulged by the food & beverages, accommodations, entertainment and the new spa.

Again, thank you very much for sharing your great experience in our property and Costa Rica, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Gerente General
San Ramon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights during our trip and we enjoyed our stay. The staff is very friendly and courteous. The hotel premises are very scenic and well maintained - lots of trees, flowers, hammocks, lounge chairs, volleyball courts. The 3 large pools are nice with sections for the younger kids.

Our room was in building 1 near the stair case but it was always quiet. BTW we stayed during Easter holy week when the hotel was very busy. The staff were always cleaning the hotel and our room was made everyday. Hotel does not seem to be new but is well maintained.

Another thing to mention is that we always felt very safe here. Lots of activities for kids and teens but mostly in Spanish.

Like all the other reviewers say, the food is good only in parts - meaning the salads, fruits, juices and desserts are good, rest is hit or miss. I tried a cocktail at the bar only once and it was not good. But beer was good.

For trips around Costa Rica, we hooked up with Michael from Varso Travels (http://www.varsotravel.com/). Very trustworthy. He waited to pick us up from the airport even though our flight was 2 hours late. He is a very nice, showed us around Costa Rica. Very happy with his prices and his patience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mita_Alpesh:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our Resort. It is so nice to hear from you that really enjoyed your stay and you had a wonderful holiday.

The management team is happy to hear that all family felt safe and was thrilled by the friendly and helpful staff.

As you mentioned, we have too much to give: families, couples and business, too. Thank you for your highlights about the scenic and well maintained hotel premises and observations about translation in activities and food, we also receive suggestions with a positive attitude.

One more time, your feedback is most than appreciated; we hope to have the opportunity to serve the whole family when you come back to Costa Rica.

Kind regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was shocked to see just how run down they will let a Hilton get. The food was terrible at the resort and good everywhere else I tried. I did eat out a lot because of the poor quality of food, so the all inclusive is not a good deal. On the upside, the people are nice. Overall, it is just old and run down and not maintained well at all and in my opinion not worth that they charge. Rooms in building 3 that the say have been newly renovated are not, just a quick coat of paint and still needs another coat. Mold and mildew are evident in the commons areas. I did point these out to them management, but they just did not seem to care. I am going to include some picture so that you can see for yourself the condition of this facility.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Richard B:

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel. We very much appreciate your business.

Please accept my apologies for the concerns that you have raised in your review. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. However, I can very much empathize with your situation and assure you that we will take your comments into consideration to improve our property.

I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that we value your business and will work hard to earn your trust once again.

London, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This resort is the perfect location to do excursions! I stayed 7 nights here and was gone most of the time but my time at the resort was good. A friend and I stayed in building 1 which is said to be the run down building but we had no big issues. The cleaning staff did a great job in our room everyday the beds where very comfortable and the only issue is the ac only cooled to about 23 Celsius. At times I found that bar staff favored the locals but tips changed that in a hurry. For the most part I found the staff happy and friendly. The cookies they give you on arrival are amazing! I bought some more at the gift shop!

My trip was for excursions. On the way to the resort they tell you to buy your excursions through the hotel for safety. We did not listen because we wanted to save money and soon learned that the same excursions are sold by the people across the street much cheaper. On our first day we went excursion hunting across the street and found Randy at Syl Travel. He was more amazing then I could ask for! Him and our tour guide Riccardo were like friends before the end of the week. They were definitely a highlight of my trip and I would recommend anyone to go to them for excursions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kylee S:

Thank you very much for spending your vacation time one more time with us. What a pleasure to hear how you enjoyed your visit! As a General Manager I have been lucky enough to work with this fantastic team, we are always doing their best to create wonderful experiences.

On behalf of our staff, I would like to say “Thank you”, for you kind words, it is for all of us, a pleasure to take care of our guests every day, and it is part of our culture and Brand Promise.

We hope to have you back, soon.

Best Regards,

Ricardo Rodriguez Gil

Been to Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica? Share your experiences!