Really impressive property... after a week, we still didn't get to swim in every pool and try all the places to eat! Felt very much like we were on a cruise ship... complete with daily activites pool side, shopping, helpful, courteous (bilingual) staff and evening shows (some for adults... some for kids).
Food was tasty and had some diversion, though I'm a fan of local cuisine. Bartenders were all kind and attentive, entertainment staff were engaging and definitly captivated the audience.
Spa had just opened while we were there and we had some of the first massages. It was truly blissful to lay in the open air under a palm leaf roof and watch the waves roll and the palms sway while getting treatments. Pricing was quite good as well.
You can pay your airport exit tax as a convience (for a small $3-5 fee thereabouts) and practically any question we asked was answered quickly and correctly or the right information was found and we were advised by phone to the room.
Bed was REALLY really comfortable, water pressure fabulous, room faced one of the pools and there was no problem with noise thanks to the whir of the A/C. Amazing value for an all inclusive resort. Just under 2 hours by car from San Jose, we also drove to Manual Antonio and back in one day as well as Arenal/La Fortuna and back in one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest all-inclusive resort to San Jose! Doubletree Resort by Hilton Costa Rica - Central Pacific is a modern, full-amenity, all-inclusive resort hotel. This beachfront Costa Rica Hilton hotel is perfectly situated on the Central Pacific region outside the port city of Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Located only 50 minutes West of Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) and the Costa Rican capital city of San Jose, and two hours south of Liberia International Airport (LIR). Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily. Snacks and drinks available all day long. Two a-la-carte restaurants open for dinner. All-day activities for adults, teenagers or children, nightly entertainment and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Hotel El Roble
- Doubletree El Roble
- Doubletree Hotel By
- Hilton El Roble
- El Roble Hilton
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Province Of Puntarenas