“"Average" is the best I can say” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica

You added Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica to your Saves list
Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   El Roble 171-400 Puntarenas, El Roble 5400, Costa Rica (Formerly Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Costa Rica - Puntarenas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$99/person ALL INCLUSIVE
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in El Roble
Prague, Czech Republic
“"Average" is the best I can say”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This resort would need a reconstruction because its best days are years ago. First-you will sweat at the check-in. Rooms may have quite good beds, but bathroom is like from 1990, you can see it on a photo pro our presidential suite-which should be the best room in the hotel(?). It isn't. Building 1 is probably oldest. Be careful, pool area between building 1 and 2 was very loud (staff use microphones, music etc.) Some rooms can face the parking lot, which isn't nice-and it's pretty near main road.
The place isn't nothing special-long wide beach with dark brown sand, which makes water brown too plus the main road and surrounding area. Most of people probably stay at the pools (Americans and ticos), buffet food is poor and in american style-hot dogs, pizza, french fries... It may be good for families with children but I won't prefer it for people who want to see the best from Costa Rica. But they can arrange you quite cheap boat trips to Tortuga.
Visit the hotel another time? NO.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Butrusik:

On behalf of the management and staff we’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. At the same time we are disappointed to learn of your mixed feelings, as we always like to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected, which is our brand promise.

Our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.

Ricardo Rodriguez Gil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Turkish first
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at the resort. We had a great time. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to take care of us and make sure we were happy and comfortable. I had a stomach bug the first day there and could not believe how they took care of me. They offered special meals, brought me fruits and liquids, contacted a doctor and had medication delivered. They called to check on me and were very attentive. There was plenty of activity at the resort at all times. You could travel outside the resort to take a tour or find other activities, which we did through Pacific Costa Rica Tours (by Wiston Marchena) which is directly across the street from the resort. I would be content to stay at the resort the entire time. It is so relaxing! If that's what you're looking for~ and don't mind the same scenary over and over. I would love to go back! Definately recommend it!

Room Tip: We had suite on the end by the pool with a bar in it. It was a nice room with a beautiful view. I t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear RachelG509:

Thank you very much for spending your vacation time one more time with us. What a pleasure to hear how you enjoyed your visit! As a General Manager I have been lucky enough to work with this fantastic team, we are always doing their best to create wonderful experiences.

On behalf of our staff, I would like to say “Thank you”, for you kind words, it is for all of us, a pleasure to take care of our guests every day.

We hope to have you back, soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This Hilton resort is popular. We stayed during Easter Week which coincided with holidays. Yet despite being very busy, the complex has enough space for one not to feel too crowded in. It also operates a full daily programme for all ages - ideal for families.
The seaside location is OK for body sufing but too rough for swimming and too cloudy for snorkelling. A key weakness in location is that security advise against walikning outside the complex whether on the beach or outside: ( a socially depressed area). However there are 5 pools available in total. It would be good if one of those was for swimmers and swimming only.
Accommodation is very good. Clean and well maintained. Staff are attentive and helpful in general.
Tours can be arranged easily.
There are two restaurants open to those who are resident for more than 3 nights, both are a la carte, either a fish restaurant or local Costa Rican. We found service and food were far better in the fish restaurant.
Guest services were extremely helpful, whatever the nature of the request.
If wev are ever back in Costa Rica this would be somehwere we would return to.

Room Tip: Away from the main pool area with its loudspeaker system.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DrDWR:

Thank you very much for spending your vacation time with us. What a pleasure to hear how you enjoyed your visit!

We hope to have you back, soon.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Recently came back from Costa Rica and stayed at the Hilton Doubletree Resort. A very nice hotel with its many pools, restaurants and bars. Also directly on the beach at Puntarenas with its nice dark volcanic sand. Service was just perfect, always friendly and the food was excellent. I truly recommend a stay at this resort and you will enjoy the wonderful warm constant weather (35 celsius during the day and 25 celsius at night) and the beautiful sunsets.

Room Tip: The best place to stay is in the third building 2nd and 3rd floors and ask for a deluxe room with oc...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear adeziel :

Thank you for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your time in Costa and your stay with us.

Our dark brown volcanic sand beach is a typical characteristic of our central pacific coast, and one part of the tropical attractions of a Costa Rica. .

Again, thank you for taking the time you have taken to write about us. We value your business and will continue to work hard to exceed guest´s expectations

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My friends and I bought a Groupon deal. It was about $80 a day per person - all inclusive.

Pros - Pools looked nice. They also had an internet computer room.

Cons - Buffet food was OK. Either the food got better as the days went by, or we just got used to the mediocre food. The alcohol was watered down. The rooms had a damp mildew smell.

Overall this was an OK resort. We didn't pay much to stay here, so we didn't expect a lot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Pat T:

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed our pool facilities and the computer room, as well. I do appreciate your comments and the time you took to evaluate the quality of the products and services we provide. I am concerned about your comment related to our liquors because we offer a wide variety that includes the best national brands and other international well known liquors, and is not our policy to reduce the quality of our alcoholic beverages.

We regret to know that you did not thoroughly enjoy our resort. I will share all your comments with each department head. Your opinion as our guest is very important and helps us to improve

I value your patronage and I appreciate the time you took to share your comments and experience.

Regards,

Union, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This resort is an older hotel and well-used. It is clean and the staff is very pleasant. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom had a very large shower. There was not any local places within walking distance. So you were very dependent on hotel amenities. The pools were large and clean. There was lots of local food on the restaurant buffets daily. The highlight of the menu was the abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables-delicious! The beach was nice, but due to the large amount of lava mixed in the sand, appeared to be dirty. There were many activities for children and teens, also for adults. If I stayed there again I would rent a car so I would be able to see more of the country.

Room Tip: First floor rooms with a garden view are more convenient and have on outdoor lounging area.
Dear bettibMissouri:

Thank you for your detailed review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your time in Costa and your stay with us.

Mays Landing, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My girfriend and I stayed for week for my 55th birthdayon 2/1/13. Even though I had the stomach flu for the entire trip, we had a great time. The hotel was clean and the food was good. I just couldn't keep it down! Lol The grounds were cleaned very early every morning. They were in the process of updating the fishing pier and one of the shops. The staff was very helpful. There was an issue with our ground transfer unrelated to the hotel. They helped me get the matter corrected and then ensured that there was not an issue on the return trip. The most helpful staff was a young woman named Nayudell. On the eve of my birthday I became very ill. Even she was officially off duty for the evening and was leaving for the evening, she stopped and helped me get the help I needed. Then for the rest of our trip she checked on me to make sure that I was ok. Also her command of the english language was impressive. My girlfriend and I are both Registered Nurses. We asked some questions of the EMT that was there. Even though the words used were very rare to normal conversation, she was able to translate them to staff.
We only went off grounds 3 days during our visit. We used the tour company across the street. You can also find them at the foot of the fishing pier. They are Tiquicia Tours. They were very friendly and funny. Their prices were also very good. We did Toutuga Island and what they called the triple tour. First is a delightful encounter with semi tamed white faced monkies. For 3.00 you get pieces of bananas and cookies to feed them. They come down and sit on your shoulder or head and eat. Second is the mangroves on a boat with a very knowledgable guide. He identified like 90 spieces of birds and the captain of the boat got out onto the shore and hand fed a very large crocodile! Last is the zip line. 12 platforms. It is very well maintained and the staff are very friendly and supportive. This was my girlfiends first time. They had her very relaxed by the 3rd platform. Most of the platforms are in the jungle. The last 3 or 4 have a georgeous view of Los Suenos. Platform #10 in very exilerating. It is very long and very fast!
We also did some fishing while we were there. After doing some homework on the web we chose Angry Marlin. We went with Capt Mke. Very knowledgable an his english is pretty good. We both caught 125lb Sailfish and a very nice mahi. We raised 7 sails and could have had a double if I wasn't so weak from the flu. Also the boat was a nice 26 foot catamaran. Smooth riding!
I would and have recommend this trip to friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Scubame58

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to read from your review that you found our hotel staff to be friendly and efficient. We really appreciate your very positive feedback and I have shared it with our team members.

We are delighted to hear that you had a very nice time with us and that our location let you experience and enjoy the wonders of Costa Rica, for each of us is an honor to realize that it has taken pleasure in our food and nice and clean facilities.

Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay. Our guests’ feedback is incredibly important to us and I do appreciate your comments.

Again, thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you consider staying with us.

Ricardo Rodriguez Gil

Been to Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica? Share your experiences!