“Best experience in my lifetime” 5 of 5 stars

9552 Road 117 South | Ville Riviere-Rouge, Riviere-Rouge, Quebec, Canada
877.275.1601
Improve this listing
Amman, Jordan
“Best experience in my lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This was by far the most amazing thing I have ever done in my life. Being an extreme dog lover, especially huskies, I could never ask for a better way to spend my day in this beautiful country. The guides are extremely nice people, especially Olivier. The activity will start by meeting your dogs (team) then harnessing them, and finally learning how to be the leader of your team and driving the sledge (very important to learn how to brake :)). We covered a distance of approximately 10km, stopping for some cookies and hot chocolate midway in a beautiful cabin in the middle of canadian wonderland! At the end you get the chance to cuddle the little lovely husky puppies. Beautiful, beautiful beautiful. I definitely would do it again and again and would certainly recommend it to anyone visiting canada. The best money I ever spent.
Thank you expedition wolf for giving me this unforgettable gorgeous day that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
<3<3

Visited January 2013

Perth, Australia
“Jan 2013”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Dog sledding is fun. We've been a number of times in Tremblant, but first time with Expedition Wolf. I have to say I was expecting more, especially with the good snow conditions. The dogs were not very active and I think it was because they were not as keen as usual because the season is at its peak and they are getting plenty of runs. The people were generally okay apart from one lady who made fun of my son in French about some silly hand warmers, quite rude really. Also, we were told to show up at 9:00am sharp but nothing happened until 9:45 which really cut into to our sledding time. The guy on the phone gave good directions, but I would recommend one of the other dog sledding companies over Expedition Wolf until they get their customer service right.

Visited January 2013
5 attraction reviews
“This is brilliant, an absolute must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We loved this so much the first time we booked again for latter in the week, both times the experience was brilliant. First was the doable, second the forest adventure, both were great, the first was flatter and nearer the resort, the second further away and not undulating. The dogs are special, strong and fun, and the puppies were cute as can be.

London, UK
8 attraction reviews
“3rd time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

This was our 3rd trip to Expedition Wolf – we love it. We booked it up via our UK tour operator and met at the Activity Centre. They picked us up in their mini bus and it’s about a half hour away from Tremblant. You can tell that every one of the employees loves these dogs and all 350 of them are well cared for. The only drawback is crossing the very busy road to where the kennels are. Once you are there you help collect the dogs from the kennels and take them to the sledges where one of the team harnesses them up. The dogs are so excited and the barking is so loud – they are very strong so you need a firm grip on the lead and on your feet! There is a photographer who takes photos of you leading the dogs out and also of you in the sledge at the beginning of the tour – you can purchase this CD with just your photos on for $30 (we had about 42 photos on ours).

One person sits in the sledge while the other stands on the back and controls the sledge/dogs. The first half is quite demanding, lots of uphill sections, where the person standing on the back has to get off and walk/run with the sledge – so you need to be fit! Half way round you stop for a quick coffee/cold drink and some lovely maple leaf cookies and then after a bit further you can change over. The 2nd half isn’t quite so demanding – with more downhill sections!

Once you arrive back at the kennels you give the dogs a treat and then help walk them back to their kennel. We were hoping to see some puppies (as we have done previously) but with 350 dogs they didn’t want any this year! Before being driven back to Tremblant there is time for hot/cold drinks and a light snack – soup and bread and muffins. We would certainly recommend this trip and would love to go back again!

Visited February 2012
Guelph, Canada
“Amazing - Best part of our trip to Tremblant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

This is truly a "must do" while in Tremblant. It was both of our first time and we were excited and nervous that we would be running our own team. The guides are very helpful and they pair you with great dogs that are very well trained. One of the best parts of the experience is getting to connect with the dogs by helping get the sleds ready. You get to walk through the kennel, handle the dogs, pet them, feed them biscuits! We had Oliver and Dan as our guides and they were amazing. There were a few times when we would get the sled stuck in deep snow, and they were always close by to run back and help pull us out. Fluent in English and French, so were always able to understand us and also give us neat information about the history of the area, the dogs themselves, and the sport of sledding.

The only suggestion I would make is to wear dark coloured jackets and ski pants as the dogs like to jump up on you when helping with the sled set up. They are very excited and are trained to be very energetic. Don't wear anything you wouldn't be ok with a little mud on.

Visited February 2012