“Teacher Training enriches life!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ashiyana Yoga Resort Goa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mandrem
Ashiyana Yoga Resort Goa
You added Ashiyana Yoga Resort Goa to your Saves list
Junas Waddo, Mandrem, India   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Basel, Switzerland
“Teacher Training enriches life!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I completed the teacher training in Feb 2013. At the beginning I was sceptical if it was the right training for me because I had only done power yoga and no meditation. However, after the first week I could already see all the benefits of yoga that is not so much focused on the physical exercise and I started to love it.

The teacher training at Ashiyana definitely enriches your life. You learn more about yourself, which makes you a much more authentic teacher.

All the staff and teachers were incredibly loving and caring. And I was lucky that our group was amazing.

During the classes I teach, I often remember this experience I was able to live, which I am truly thankful for.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Of all my worldly experiences, nothing quite compares to this. The Teacher Training at Ashiyana opened up a new world of possibilities for me.

Technically the yoga teaching was excellent and the course rounded including all aspects such as Bhakti (chanting), philosophy and anatomy. The teachers in particular are wonderful people.

Accommodation was particularly decent for India and the food was fabulous. I really detoxed living on a vegan diet.

The real change comes in you. Life takes on a new perspective once you've come through these challenging four weeks. Expect to be stronger, healthier and enlightened.

Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Having been on the teacher training in 2010 I am happy to be able to write now on trip advisor and be able to share what a beautiful experience I had.

Yes it breaks you down but inorder to build you up with a stronger foundation. It was such a wonderful time to address yourself as being a teacher is a potent position and in order to teach from the heart you first have to strip away any obstacles. I thank the process and Ashiyana and there were tears and fears however these allowed me to go deeper into my practice and teach with a deeper connect and understanding.

The by all means don't spoon feed you as this gives you the tools to stand on your own two feet or hands and teach from you true self.

The technical work was all in place and the text and classes thy provided were excellent. it was up to us to put in the work. Ashiyana provided a holistic paradis for us to blossom to our full potential.

heart felt blessings and gratitude to all the teachers, members of the team, the kitchen, mandrem beach and our host.

Maudie

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I completed my teacher training at Ashiyana. I very much enjoyed the experience, I have nothing to compare it to so for me it was great. The teachers are lovely and are very giving!! The surroundings are stunning, a very welcome change from the business of Western life. The rooms were kept clean all the time, and the food was great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I completed the training in Feb. 2013. I have many friends who are yoga teachers and was very torn about which program to choose. They are very expensive and I wanted to choose the right one. The web site for Ashiyana made the program sound great and well rounded. It was not! As another reviewed mentioned, the accommodations (unless you pay a ton of money) are very sub standard and loud. I could have easily seen beyond that IF the program itself was good! I was so surprised to take courses from people who clearly know very little about YOGA postures, Anatomy and philosophy, etc. As another reviewer stated- one of the main points in their course is to break you down and make you feel like you have major issues to get over. I came here to learn about:
-Yoga
-Anatomy and Physiology
- Philosophy
- Mantras
- How to teach
We learned a bit about yoga, a tiny amount of philosophy and horrible anatomy sessions and barely ANY tools on how to teach! Many of my other students felt the same way...

The food was fantastic.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Ashiyana1, Manager at Ashiyana Yoga Resort Goa, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear teacher trainee of Feb-March 2013

I am saddened to read your review on trip advisor, and to hear that you didn't enjoy your training. I am particularly disappointed that you chose to vent your feelings this way. It would perhaps have been better if you had informed us, and specifically me, of your dissatisfaction during the training (or directly after through the feedback forms) - letting us know you felt that you were not being pushed enough in the yoga asanas, and that you didn't have enough guidance on how to teach. We are keen to develop the content and form of our trainings, as well as to monitor the individual performances of the teachers, so any more specific feedback you have would be greatly appreciated.

I feel that we were offering you the best guidance that we could regarding how to become a Yoga teacher - we had many 'teaching to teach' sessions and broke down the asanas one by one. You may have felt it was "beginner's yoga" because of the general level and experience of that particular group, but in any case this can be invaluable in the early stages of being a yoga teacher - encouraging you to start teaching beginner level first before you go on to teach more advanced practitioners. We regularly review all aspects of the course to be sure that we are offering what people out there most need from a teacher training. Your feedback to me and to Ashiyana directly could help us a lot, so please do write if you have the time .

Its a shame that you felt unfulfilled by the training, and I do look forward to hearing from you to see how we might learn from this situation.

You can write to me directly on - yamunadevi@hotmail.com, or if you prefer, to Ashiyana - info@ashiyana-yoga-goa.com

Yamuna Devi
Asana Teacher
Ashiyana Yoga Teacher Training
New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I went on a solo retreat to India in March 2013, and stayed at Ashiyana for a yoga holiday for 6 days! Ashiyana was a great home away from home. Especially being by myself in a place I'd never been before.

They arranged for a cab to pick me up, and there were there on time and with my name. I arrived in time for dinner. The food there was excellent, I never got sick, and although you might a lot of the same foods after being there for a couple days, I loved it. I lost 4 pounds a lone, and just FELT better. They had water and ginger tea available all day, but there was only food served twice a day. Brunch and Dinner. I wasn't hungry. I did get some beer at a place off the beach but other than that, it was just enough food.

I did yoga two hours twice a day, and they also have nightly events. The Ashiyana grounds are very quiet and

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Lusaka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was my first yoga holiday although I have been practising for a while. Ashiyana is quite relaxed and not too dogmatic, so I guess it's a good place to get started. It's a bit of a hassle that they don't accept credit cards and you have to pay everything upfront by bank transfer, i.e. the costs for the international bank transfer are added to your bill. Other than that, I think the yoga holidays here are quite good value for money, although the beach huts are very basic. Accommodation options seem to vary greatly. The gardens are lovely and the food is very delicious. Also, the teachers were very good and I really enjoyed the classes. The massages offered at the retreat are pricier than those in the village but the one I had was exceptionally good. All in all a very relaxing holiday, and Ashiyana also arranges to pick you up from the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Ashiyana Yoga Resort Goa? Share your experiences!