Was here for a week, the third one in may, only just made the cut off time for 20.00 reception closing time, after terrible traffic jams in Geneva, I keep hearing Geneva is a one of the best places to live in Europe, Its very busy, traffics always difficult on the occasions I have been and its extremely wet and expensive!
Anyway checked in , to a nice apartment 2 bedroomed 3rd floor, its up for sale i think 420,000 euros, that seemed overpriced, what wasnt overpriced was the rental apartment, about £58 a night, very good value,
reasonable bathroom, separate toilet , reasonable double bed, other bedroom 2 very narrow single beds, limited storage space, nice big lounge, cable tv limited english channels , and a few free films,
good kitchen, it was a pleasant apartment,
breakfast 10 euros per person for continental, so no good for me as I want a decent breakfast, with eggs , bacon, toast etc, but as its France thats the breakfast fair enough,
the point being, if I could buy a decent breakfast I would have used the cafe 7 times rather than just the once,
pool very nice , sauna good as well, gym limited, at times it was like your own private leisure club, car parking underneath , lift up to your floor it was well thought out,
at this time of year it was extremely quiet, its off the beaten track almost on the swiss border, which suited me as i could travel as much as i wanted 1,600 miles in a week, had to chase the weather a bit, as it went from hot sunshine (once) windy and cold (often) rainy to blizzard conditions, they were having a very long winter, and on the 24th may I left in an absolute blizzard!, Pity the lift opposite was closed i wouldve liked more access to the mountains, but no people and bad weather , meant only the aguile de midi (hope thats right) was open,
good access into Switzerland and Italy,
one slight grumble and i`m being a bit picky, checking out which is early at 10.00 the receptionist should have checked us out first then carried on with her phone call, almost 15 minutes for a 5 minute job, that apart and i know its very minor , it was a pleasant experience.
- Also Known As:
- Residence & Spa Vallorcine Mont Blanc Hotel Vallorcine
- Residence And Spa Vallorcine Mont Blanc
- Residence & Spa Vallorcine Mont Blanc Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5* Tourism Residence SHORT STAYS - LONG STAYS - CORPORATE GROUPS This newly opened residence, enjoys an ideal, quiet location in the centre of the traditional Savoyard village of Vallorcine at 1260m. Ideally situated in the Chamonix Mont Blanc valley, just 200 meters from the ski slopes, the Residence Vallorcine Mont Blanc offers 47 self-catering apartments with balconies/terraces, free indoor parking and private ski lockers with boot dryers. The large apartments feature a living area, satellite TV with free movies and private bathrooms with shower or bath, hairdryer and free toiletries. Free access to the indoor heated swimming pool, 2 saunas and fitness room is provided and guests can enjoy beauty treatments and massage services in the Cinq Mondes Spa at an additional cost. Free Wi-Fi access throughout the private and common areas. The fully-equipped kitchens includes a stove, oven, dishwasher and refrigerator. A bakery service or a breakfast package is available at the tea-room within the Residence and 3 restaurants are available within walking distance. The Residence is located 15 km from Chamonix shopping streets and 3 km from the Swiss boarder. Apartments : 47 (non-smoking rooms) The Residence has the Green Key Eco Label and is open all year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Residence & Spa Vallorcine Mont Blanc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.