The building, the shell of an old sanatorium, is strange. It was never meant to be a hotel and the immense reception / lounge area was once a church.
The location is on a long (very long) clean beach. The nearby resort is a bit basic but there are a number of good typical tapas bars and small restaurants near. It is not the Marbella strip nor Puerto Banus - it is more Spanish 'popular'. There is an endless promenade.
The hotel is well managed (Starwood) and spotless. Piano bar with piano music at night and Breakfast! Staff are professional / informal . I like it that way.
The best is the restaurant. Great food with fun and inventive sweets. Small wine list.
The building does remind me of a Hitman game. Great Spa.
Prices are as one would expect. 140 rooms (?). The sea views are nice.
I will probably be back. It is a great place for a celebration if you live in Barcelona. Could be a really great honeymoon hotel. Great place for a conference too!
The worst thing? The building reminds me of a computer game. It is a quirky building with a creepy history but that's part of its charm.
I am not into spas but they say it is the best by far in the area. Partner said she felt " at ease". Sounds good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa, inspiration is found in the hotel's open spaces. As guests arrive, senses are awakened by the vaulted ceilings of the original buildings "Capilla" juxtaposed with the light filled contemporary lobby. Outside, guests can discover beachside terraces, teak decks and peaceful gardens and orchards. The Beach Club, featuring a french inspired design, offers light Mediterranean cuisine and is a place for relaxation during the day and is ideal for enjoying sea side cocktails and local cava in the evening. Design touches throughout these spaces are reminiscent of modern classics: in the Hub, a modern interpretation of a Gaudi-esque chair is revealed and cartography is a feature of our meeting rooms. Our guest rooms feature high ceilings, terraces, patios or sea views, inviting guests to enjoy the ambience of their surroundings by the sea. The upcoming renovation on rooms by renowned designer Isabel Lopez, aims to reinforce the timeless awakening of senses and inspiration characteristic of Le Meridien Ra. Explore Spa by Le Meridien, the first in Europe, encourages rejuvenation by a variety of culturally inspired therapies from around the world to balance both the body and mind. Space to expand ideas is provided by our meeting facilities where successful events are hosted inside in our Discovery Meeting Rooms, or outside in our bamboo gardens, terraces or by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood EMEA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel And Spa
- Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel El Vendrell
- Meridien El Vendrell
- Le Meridien El Vendrell
- El Vendrell Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa Spain/El Vendrell, Costa Dorada