We stayed at Le Meridien Ra back in September and it was a great place to stay. On arrival our bags were taken in hand, we were given a glass of Cava, and were booked into a sea view room - spacious, with a good bathroom, with a sizeable balcony. This is a hotel that is really all about relaxing next to the sea.
It's an attractive hotel that blends an old building with modern extensions that have been done tastefully. It's not the easiest place to get to, but you can get a train from Barcelona directly to the station and it's a short cab from there (not always cabs waiting).
The spa facilities are excellent - there are a choice of two pools, one is a sea water thalassotherapy pool and it really is a great experience. The beach is semi private, with chairs and parasols and there is a member of staff to make sure that there is always somewhere for you on the beach at any time. He is on the beach all day and looks after the guests very well and is a credit to the hotel. Also on the beach is a small hut where you can get drinks/snacks.
The main restaurant is of a good standard, and there is a buffet offering as well where the breakfast (very extensive) is served.
The nearby town is a fairly average, you can walk along the sea front (or borrow a bike from the hotel) and there are a couple of nice places to eat or drink or buy small souveniers. The coast in general along here has been mostly spoiled by excessive developments of boring looking holiday flats, but it isn't as spoiled as many other parts of Spain. The guests were mostly French or German couples, with a range of ages.
Standards of service and politeness were positive across the board. A conference happened while we stayed but it was delivered without impacting on our stay.
There are no organised activities such as jet skis motorboats etc etc. I'd recommend this hotel if you want to relax for a few days on the beach, and don't want to have to worry about anything. You're never more than a few steps away from the sea, the pool or a nice drink. It's not full of noisy people or activities, the whole place is geared-up for relaxation, and we were able to enjoy a nice break stress-free.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel El Vendrell
- Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel And Spa
- Meridien El Vendrell
- Le Meridien El Vendrell
- El Vendrell Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa Spain/El Vendrell, Costa Dorada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa is located on Sant Salvador beach, a mere 50 minutes away from Barcelona. OUr hotel features one of the most exclusive spas in Europe, with over 7.200sq.m. of pure indulgence. With 48 treatment cabins, the Explore Spa includes an Ayurvedic centre, Beauty cabins, a humid area, an oxigen room and a solarium. Over 50 treatments plus "The Art of Beauty by La Praire".The hotel is located right on the beach and offers 143 spacious and modern accommodations in a variety of room categories.Previous home to a Sanatorium dating from 1929, wonderful historic architectural details have been incorporated in this unique resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.