“The #1 Babin's” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Hockley
“The #1 Babin's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My family and I frequently dine at the Landry's family of restaurants. Babin's is our favorite of the chain. Out of the several Babin's locations in the Houston area, the Woodland's is home to the best. Why we love this Babin's: the service is top notch, it is always very clean, and everyone is so unusually polite! A true Southern treat for not only the GREAT food, but how your treated throughout your dining experience. The managers are very attentive to everyone dining. They are always out and about in the dining room making sure that you have everything that you need/want. They always have an eye on the dining room floor from the kitchen as well. Because the managers are so great, the waitstaff is extremely attentive to your needs.
Two examples from our visit last night: #1 as I was leaving the ladies restroom to return to my table, one of the managers was leaving the men's room, and said ladies first rather than running over me to get to his destination. This was a rare occurance to be found in today's bustling restaurant society. #2 When I was walking through the main intersection where all the waitstaff are leaving the kitchen, I met three with trays. Every single waiter paused and directed me to go ahead instead of rushing ahead of me and having me wait. WOW! I was in awe.
My husband and I had the boiled crawfish...the best that we've ever had from any paid outing has been Babin's - no doubt!!! My son LOVES the popcorn shrimp. Everything we have we love at Babin's - especially the Cream-style Crawfish Bisque - excellent!

• Visited March 2013

83% Recommend
Magnolia, Texas, United States
“so so good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

we went tonight and had crawfish and they were so good our Waitress Sarah was one one of the sweet person that has ver waited on us There was a wait but so worth it brought home bread pudding it is some of the best

• Visited February 2013
Huntsville, Texas
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

after fasting for lab work yesterday, I had a craving for seafood so I went to Babin's - GOOD CHOICE!! - I started off with a fabulous appetizer, Oyster Bienville - oyster baked on a half shell with shrimp, mushroom and Parmesan cheese - CARAMBA!! - excellent - the main course was the fried seafood platter: shrimp, catfish and cajun stuffed crab with dirty rice and cole slaw - all of this was nicely paired with a very nice Argentine Trapiche Chardonnay - I topped it all off with a very nice snifter of Drambuie and double espresso - I will be returning soon!!

• Visited January 2013
Magnolia, Texas, United States
“Sweetest place with good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Great food every time nicest servers the atmosphere of the restaurant is just so relaxing. The fried catfish is a Louisiana base fish and it is the purest white fish. So so good

Houston, Texas
“A taste of New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I decided to take my fiance to Babin's in the Woodlands for his birthday. He was born and raised in Baton Rouge, so cajun food is his first love. This restaurant was awesome. The gumbo was excellent and so was the fresh fish. Our waiter Jonathan was so sweet, and helpful. He had a great attitude that just made the experience even better than either one of us expected.. It's a must try restaurant for sure.

• Visited November 2012