“Extremely poor customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Shenandoah
“Extremely poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010 via mobile

General manager, Grace, does not address your concerns, talks over you, does not care about customer service, stating "you are not our problem". Night receptionist, Josh, offered no help to stranded girls and was laughing at out distress. Another hotel aided in our safe return.

• Stayed November 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010 via mobile

General manager [Grace] rude and degrading. Receptionist [Josh] refused to offer any help to 4 girls being stranded in the middle of the night, 40 degrees, with a cell phone almost out of battery.

• Stayed November 2010
san antonio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Communication over the telephone was good, but when we checked in around 10pm and went up to the room, the sofa bed was half pulled out with cushions on the floor. When we called downstairs, no one knew the sofa was broken. It was sooooo obvious, the housekeeper or someone had to know. They did quickly bring up a rollaway and were told we would get a 15% break on the room (the room was two queen beds and they had charged $10.00 extra because there were three of us) The next morning we were told they were only going to give up the $10.00 off. They also did not have pillows for the rollaway so had to take pillows from the others beds, they also had no "Do Not Disturb" signs when we asked for one. The hotel was generally clean, but there are so many nicer rooms with better service. The business center was just a computer in the lobby with a printer, there was no privacy.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Grace J, Owner at Comfort Suites Near the Woodlands, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the broken sofa bed. That can’t be a fun sight when you first walk into a hotel room. Unfortunately, we have some limits on what we can and cannot discount for certain problems. Did you ask the front desk for more pillows? I’m sure they would have been happy to provide some. We have also undergone some renovations since your visit, and I think we could impress you more were you to stay with us again.

Comfort Suites Management
Port Neches, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

My daughter and I stayed one night at this hotel on our recent shopping trip.
The hotel is older - the room we were in had broken tiles and the bathroom door looked pretty bad. However, the room was clean - no complaints on housekeeping. The internet service in that room did not work - they gave me another cable - it worked for about 10 minutes and then quit working. This was disappointing. Also, there was a charge for using the safe which we did not use so had them take that off - person at the desk said a lot of people get that charge. Even though it is a minimal charge, you don't want to pay for something you didn't use. There were not a lot of people in the hotel - they offered to switch us to another room when I mentioned the internet but this was at 9 p.m. and we were already settled.

• Stayed April 2010
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

I was impressed by the hospitality, the accomadations and the price. I have stayed at this property before, and I was planning another stay in this area, but decided to view some reviews first to see if the quality has changed.
The reviews are not very accurate when describing the hotel nor the service. When I called the property to confirm information on their website, the front desk agent was glad to see that I was a returning guest and was willing to help me find a room tailored to my needs. That was key in my decision to select this hotel. I was impressed by her willingness to assist, she was super friendly and accomadating. Once arriving at the hotel I was greeted by another front desk agent who was also very friendly. Check in time took less then 60 seconds I swear it was awesome. My suite was huge, I had a king size corner jacuzzi suite and I was blown away at the value.If this was a 4 star hotel I would easily pay 3 times as much.
I'll stay again and again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Corpus Christi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

When visiting Conroe, TX, we usually stay at the Comfort Inn on League Line Rd., however, this trip we opted to stay at the Comfort Suites near the Woodlands as we would be shopping in the area. The lobby is very nice, the breakfast was a full breakfast rather than only continental style, but our room was not exceptionally clean. I found a bug on the pillow, which made me leary so I stripped the whole bed and remade it to ensure there were no other bugs. Also, the bathroom vanity is in the room with the shower as opposed to being outside in the dressing area, which poses a problem for two people trying to get ready at the same time. This hotel is $10 more a night than the Comfort Inn at League Line Rd., so we will continue to stay there when in the Conroe area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Kiwi in Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

First the good points:

Nice lobby, friendly staff and a microwave and refrigerator in rooms.

Now the not so good:

Once away from the lobby the decor is not so inviting. In the corridors, the carpet is worn and frayed, walls have lots of dents and damage and the carpets didn't look very clean (they may have been, but the shabby and frayed appearence gave the impression of not being clean). The room we had was not as badly knocked around, but still suffered from a tired look.

We checked in at 9:30pm after long travel with youngsters and the air con in the room was off when we moved in. This is the Houston area at the height of summer..... It took a hour to get the room down to a comfortable sleeping temperature. There were very few people staying (it was 4th July weekend so the quietness was a surprise) so maybe they have aircon off in rooms to save money?).

The 'deal breaker' for us was the poor state of the sofa bed. We specifically book rooms to get a sofa bed to enable us to seperate our two children. This was the worst sofa bed that we have ever tried to use (and we've seen plenty in 3 star hotels over four years of travelling with young kids). The matress was very thin and worn and you could feel every coil in it. It was unacceptable to use as a bed and we had to put both kids in together.

The air conditioning (once 'going) was noisy. It was difficult to get our kids to settle in the same bed, in a hot room with noisy air conditioning going.

I can't really recommend this hotel if you are traveling with kids, especially if you need the sofa bed.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Near the Woodlands? Share your experiences!