“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Shenandoah
Los Angeles, California
“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed this hotel several times, each time we stay there the hotel is always full, but the staff is always friendly. our room is always very clean and fresh. this time we needed shuttle service out of their regular scheduled hours, they went out their way and called in their drive just to send where we needed to go. This is the only hotel we will stay in the Woodlands area when we visit. we are very happy with the hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dallas tX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had an overnight stay in this old, poorly maintained property this weekend. Our biggest concern of many, was that the deadbolt on our room did not work - did not feel safe. Asked a night manager to move us but were unable due to hotel being full. Apologized, but said there was nothing that could be done, and agreed it was not a safe situation. Hotel management could have cared less that the room didn't lock and the complaint was handled in a most unprofessional manner the next morning. My advice - steer clear of this run down property. There are many other hotel options close by that would offer a much different experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family and I stayed for a sport tournament recently.

Let me start with the postitives: The hotel was near surrounding shopping, eating, and the tournament location. The staff was friendly and welcoming.

The negatives: When a guest enters the hotel the first thing that is seen is the lobby. Unfortunately, this lobby needs a lot of work. The furniture does not match the motif and feel of the hotel and nothing matches throughout the room. The room, with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa was very dirty. There was trim placed in the "closet" area (just lying in the corner), the floors were very dirty, the pull out sofa was filthy, the curtains had holes in the them, and there was some kind of "red substance" smeared all over the wall near the bed. My daughter would not sleep near it and we all had to play musical beds! The maintence of the A/C needs to be looked at because it was constantly rattling...which didn't make for a good night's sleep. I would even say that the sheets didn't look very clean as well. I look for a hotel that is CLEAN and I have to say this was not the case. It was disappointing to say the least for even a one night stay.

The management of this hotel serioulsy needs to look into remodeling these rooms and TRAIN their employees to deep clean and maintain each room.

Room Tip: I would seek other areas to stay. We've stayed at the nearby Homewood Suites several times and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed in this property recently. There was no alarm clock in the room. The breakfast was below average for a Comfort Suites. I waited 10 minutes to check out at check out time, and had to ask a housecleaning lady to get someone to help me. None of these issues were major, but kept me from giving more stars. Othere than these problems, the hotel was OK. Nice room, nice beds, nice people, when you could find them. All in all, it was irritating, but not a great experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel has been one of the best hotels i have stayed at. One thing that i always look for is a clean room. The staff went out of their way to accomadate me and my family. They also had a shuttle which took us around when needed. I could not find another hotel in the area which offered that. Would definatly stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Staff was rude and completely disinterested in helping with anything. The hotel looks nice and relatively up-to-date on the internet, but in person it appears to be dirty with simply some up-to-date furniture. The bathroom was dirty and old. The ice machine was broken on the floor. The room a/c was turned off when we arrived, so we had to wait several hours for the room to become a bearable temperature. The wifi was not working when we got there. The overall experience was highly disappointing. Would never stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Rockwall, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I booked a room a month early for one night. I was supposed to have a room with two queen beds. When we got to the room, it had not been cleaned and the beds were a mess. When I went back to the front desk, they informed me that they didn't have any other rooms with two queen. They offered to put all 4 of us in a room with a king bed. I asked them how much it would be considering that they didn't have the room that I booked a month ahead of time. They told me that the best they could do was give me a 10% discount. It was late and I didn't have much of a choice and we had already unloaded our car. When my credit card was billed, the 10% dicount was nowhere to be seen, and they charged me the full amount. I will never stay at this hotel again. They had obviously tried to dress this place up, but it didn't work. Everything from the carpet to the paint was very shotty. We had two other families meeting us here and one of them got stuck in a room with a single king bed too. They had also booked a room with two queen beds. The other family was overcharged $50 for their room. This place is a joke.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Near the Woodlands? Share your experiences!