“Another great night out in Sowerby Bridge” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Vegan
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brilliant food, atmosphere, ethos, service, pricing
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Another great night out in Sowerby Bridge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

About 12 months ago, friends of ours introduced us to Dandelion & Burdock, a rare Vegan gem, tucked away in Sowerby Bridge. Sowerby Bridge? Not exactly a hotspot for a night out? This one is, if you enjoy good food. Since our introduction to D & B, we have regularly taken different friends there, as the food is so good and reasonably priced. The atmosphere is great too and all our friends have been impressed and none of them are vegetarian or vegan. The location is great too and the river rushing by at the rear of the restaurant just adds to the atmosphere. Chef David and his team do a sterling job, creating delicious food. Tonight I enjoyed highly spiced Thai Corn Cakes, Warm Creole Salad, Ice Cream Sandwich and Hot Chocolate! My daughter had a pasta dish, my husband had a tofu dish and at least two people in our party had a tasty 5 Fruit crumble. I know that we'll be back again. Thanks to all at D & B for once again providing us with a great night out.

• Visited August 2012

Preston, Lancs
“Lovely vegan restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Been here once in June and the food was great-decided to go on a Wednesday evening as it seems they have a meal deal on that is cheaper than other days. The menu here changes monthly and they have a decent variety of dishes that are always vegan.
It was very quiet when we went which is a shame because we couldn't fault the food or the wine. We ended up sitting at the back next to the river which was enjoyable as the weather was quite nice that day. My partner eats meat and he was very happy with the food and wine here too.
As far as I know this restaurant will now be closed until the end of August so it's best to phone up to check if it's open beforehand.

• Visited June 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“meat eaters in my family love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

dont feel you will miss meat and/or dairy, the food is fantastic. we go as a family and we all enjoy it even though we only have 1 vegetarian. The only negative is, after being used to only one vegetarian choice on most menus, its really hard to choose what to eat!
Its fantastic value and Dave and the waiting on staff are great. I cant praise it enough.

• Visited July 2012
Bradford
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Went last night with my husband, I am a vegan but he is not. The menu all sounded delicious and we struggled to decide what to order. Ended up going for the creole potato salad (divine!!) and brushetta to start, tofu thai curry and pasta primavera for main, and choc & apricot cake with custard and rhubarb cheesecake and ice cream for dessert. Every dish was well presented and very very tasty! My husband could not believe there was no dairy used in making any of the dishes and loved it all. I would def recommend this restaurant to my non veggie friends as I believe the food will satisfy everyone.

The decor is lovely too, wooden floors and fab red bar stools, with a beautiful view of the river from the windows at the back. Unfortunately it was very quiet and there were only 2 other tables taken for the 2 hours we were there. This is a shame as it is a very good restaurant and I would encourage people to visit. I will be back :)

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Birstall, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I went last year for my birthday, I'm the only vegan in my family and so for everyone else this was completely new. I really enjoyed my main although the portion could have been larger. Out of the four of us only my dad didn't really enjoy his. The desserts were amazing, I couldn't believe there was no dairy in it - it tasted better than the real thing (and everyone in my family agreed with this). My only crit is that the place lacked atmosphere, but the staff there know how to cook. Perfect vegan treat.

• Visited July 2011