“Family birthday celebration lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English, Mediterranean, Seafood, Eclectic
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Family birthday celebration lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had a lovely celebration lunch when our family of eleven (seven adults & four children) dined at the the Fox Bar & Bistro.We were made very welcome and our children aged 6,9,10, & 11 were well looked after. The food was really excellent, large & varied menu and very well presented & served by pleasant and friendly staff.Our return cannot come too soon.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

england
“Superb Again !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We dined at The Fox as a group of six. The welcome and atmosphere are great. Four of our group had starters which were exceptional and the six main courses could not be improved on.
The meal was served by pleasant and friendly staff who further added to the enjoyment and dining experience.
We will certainly be returning sooner rather than later.

Well done The Fox

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Regular update”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I wrote a review before...so this is an update.

Living in Ripponden I was bound to eat here again. This time I had the sea food linguini. The dish was sumptuous. Go.

Visited December 2013
“A must for good food and ambience any meal of the day.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We've been to The Fox a few times now but it was a recent family lunch that prompted me to write a review (I've never written a review on here before - that speaks for itself).

A special family occasion led to us booking a meal for 15 of us on a busy Sunday lunchtime. Firstly, I was amazed when all the food was served at the same time and perfectly cooked and hot. I usually find large numbers of guests can lead to food starting to cool or drying out. Not here. I can only surmise that the kitchen is well organised and runs like clock work.

The food was fantastic. The Sunday roast top side of beef was a firm fave and enjoyed by all who ordered it. The Yorkies were perfect as we're the vegetables. No soggy or hard veg in sight. I had the salmon fillet as its a favourite of mine. Though I'm frequently disappointed when it's pan fried by over dry or soggy salmon. Here I'm pleased to say. It was a perfect balance of a seared outer with beautifully moist salmon inside! Delicious flavours that worked really well too.

The children were all happy too! The Mini Fish and Chips went down a storm and filled even the older teen tums which often children's meals won't. They were really generous portions. With that and the fixed priced menu, the meal also didn't break the bank.

The restaurant is a lovely light area, busier downstairs or if you fancy a bit of quiet, ask for an upstairs table where we had the area to ourselves which was great on this occaision.

All in all a fantastic place to eat for families or for more intimate dining and a definite for those who enjoy good food and wine in a clean, fresh restaurant with excellent service. Thank you The Fox!

Visited January 2014
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Great little local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I have been to the fox on many an occasion and it never fails to disappoint. The wine is served in large glasses as it should be, not eye wash glasses. And peroni on draft-perfect!
I love the fish and chips, perfect light batter and home cooked chips. The fox burger was perfectly cooked and lovely and juicy.
We've also been for Sunday lunch and it's always plentiful and lovely.
Great atmosphere where it's just sat at the bar chatting to the staff or a full sit down meal.
Well done all