“Good food if a little overpriced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Turnpike Inn at Rishworth Moor- Restaurant

The Turnpike Inn at Rishworth Moor- Restaurant
Oldham Road | Rishworth, Sowerby Bridge HX6 4RH, England (Formerly The Turnpike Inn at Rishworth Moor)
01422 822789
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: The Turnpike Inn at Rishworth Moor Restaurant serves locally sourced, seasonal, home-made food from breakfast to dinner. We are located on Rishworth Moor with fabulous views of Boothwood reservoir and the surrounding countryside. Open all day, everyday from 9am.
Barksiland
“Good food if a little overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

the food is good here, eaten here a few times. Prices can get a little steep and you sometimes get the impression it's trying a bit too hard. Service is good not great and decor is great, nice and modern. Not stopped over but if the restaurant is anything to go by they'll be great!

Turnpike-Inn, General Manager at The Turnpike Inn at Rishworth Moor- Restaurant, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Turnpike at Rishworth Moor. I am very pleased to hear that your experience was a nice one. Thank you for your feedback. look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My friend recommended me to try The Turnpike Inn at Rishworth, I am so happy I took up my friends’ recommendation. The service I received was Excellent! I couldn’t fault it at all..
I was served by The New General Manager Nicola and may I say I received a very warm welcome from her and she introduced herself to us. Nicola showed my partner an I to a table and asked us would we like any drinks while browsing threw the menu and specials boards. I asked Nicola what white wine she could recommend for us and Nicola recommended a fantastic bottle of Wild Rock - Sauvignon Blanc. We ended up having two bottles because we enjoyed it that much.
The Food we received was lovely my partner and I both chose 2 8oz Sirloin Steaks they were divine the tenderness of the Steaks was first class we ordered a peppercorn sauce and that compliment the dish :).
When we finished our meals Nicola came over and offered us some pudding and coffees but we really couldn’t fit anything else in, she then informed us about the new Bistro that will be opening on Friday 8th February. It sounds all very exciting!! It will be very warming and welcoming and we can’t wait to revisit to see what they have done to the Bistro.
Anyone that drives past The Turnpike please go in! Or take that special someone their as they have 6 lovely rooms to stay over. Plus they have a great offer at the moment which is called “Wine, Dine and Duvet” Don’t Miss out!! The whole experience was first class and I will certainly be visiting again soon.
Many Thanks to Nicola The General Manager and all the team at The Turnpike!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Turnpike-Inn, General Manager at The Turnpike Inn at Rishworth Moor- Restaurant, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Turnpike! I am pleased that the team and I were able to make you feel so welcome and that you had such a positive experience. I hope to welcome you back in the near future!
gtr manchester
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Terrible service, awful food, awful surroundings, won't be going again, this used to be a fantastic place to eat, not anymore.

Turnpike-Inn, General Manager at The Turnpike Inn at Rishworth Moor- Restaurant, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit here at The Turnpike Inn. The team and I here strive to exceed guests' expectations and I am very sorry to hear that we failed to do so on this occasion.

I do hope that you visit us again in the future in order that we can rectify the problems which arose.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great food, comfy seats, and how a chill out supper should be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Service is excellent, the food is sublime, and the puddings make you want to marry the chef.

simple as that. Great value too, just need bigger wine glasses!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Turnpike Inn. I am very pleased to hear that your experience was a pleasant one and look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Ate in the Bistro on new years day. We all had the fish and chips option and the fish was particularily tasty. The large portion size meant we did not have deserts as planned. A pleasant atmosphere with friendly staff in a nice location. We will certainly make time to call again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your positive review of The Turnpike Inn. I am pleased that your visit was a pleasant one and look forward to welcoming you here again soon!