“Undercooked and way overpriced” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Walter's River Cafe

Walter's River Cafe
Off Burke Drive or Honour Avenue | Point Walter Reserve, Bicton, Melville, Western Australia 6157, Australia
08 9330 9330
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 9 restaurants in Bicton
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Perth, West Australia
“Undercooked and way overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The start was not good, made to stand at the entrance like a floppy fish out of water before any one came out and asked if I wanted a seat. No just thinking about hanging around!!! Had counter service so order is soon placed and coffee comes out quickly and is an ok brew. When the fish and chips arrive I nearly died. A huge plate with an even bigger bowl of chips with 2 blobs of fish on top accompanied by a 1/4 lemon wedge with a tiny bowl of some form of tartare sauce. This is not your typical fish and chips believe me. The fish was so undercooked I could not managed more than 3 bites, the chips were woeful and over cooked. Overall a dismal experience as well as an expensive one. I could not return the food as the waiters were invisible and I was losing patience. I chose to simply walok out which earned me my husband's wrath but I got over that!

They have a kiosk attached with incecreams and coffee. That is the place to have food next time I visit. Thankfully the Point Walter beach area is great and does not rely upon this mess to entice visitors. I will be back but only to visit the kiosk.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

31% Recommend
Australia
“Over priced, poor service basic food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

As this was a special event we decided a family breakfast in this lovely location would be a good choice. The wait staff are pretty disinterested in paying customers, like many over priced Perth eateries that serve breakfast, you must go to the counter to order.

The food was very average, my crepes had plate and food "nuked" so hot tha the maple syrup skin on it, and much of the $200 worth of food was sent back. Huge dry hunks of bread masquerading as toast, and did not match quality that was offered on website (which also offered venue/kitchen as wedding venue).

Even the coffee was only average. The restaurant was virtually empty with only a few other customers when we were there that morning.

Will not bother returning.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Very Pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Outdoor seating. Free parking nearby. Great view of the waters. Lovely ambience with quick simple menu items. My colleagues and I had steak sandwich, fat wedges, tea, coffees, cakes and special menu items. Cyclists welcome. We were there for a number of hours but staff did not rush us. Can get busy over summer and school holidays with the beach nearby.

• Visited October 2011