“Great Time & Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dallastown, Pennsylvania
“Great Time & Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were in Ireland recently (8 friends traveling as a small group) and our group had split into two and 4 of us went to Cobh for the day and on the way back we had a hard time finding a nice restaurant. We stopped in Charleville and asked for a restaurant and were directed to Cascada.
What an unexpected treat. The restaurant is on the main street but below street level - the steps are very well lit.
The interior was comfortable and we were seated by the radiators since it was a rainy evenng out. We had no reservation but getting a table for 4 was not an issue.
The waitress (who is married to the chef) was adorable and very polite. But once you get her warmed up she is delightful.
The food was excellent. I had the Pasta Carbonara with Prawns and it was perfect. I have not had carbonara that good in 15 years. All 4 of us were delighted with the food, the service, and the ambiance. We highly recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a great meal.

• Visited March 2013

90% Recommend
Limerick, Ireland
“Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had a Table for 6, good atmosphere, excellent staff & service, great recommendation on a reasobnable wine, food was excellent and early bird was good value.

• Visited February 2013
Limerick, Ireland
“lovely atmosphere & great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

booked dinner here last saturday night for 8pm,we were seated straight away,given menus & drink order taken. The restaurant was full, service was very good,food was excellent & great value,still able to order the early bird menu for €24.90 at 8pm on a saturday. Will definately return.

• Visited January 2013
Co Cork
“Good food and excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This restaurant has great value early bird specials. We enjoy the food and the service is excellent. Would recommend it.

Visited December 2012
“Why no soap? EVER!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had dinner in Cascada with a friend last weekend, it was my 4th/5th visit this year. We opted for the Early Bird which at €25 seemed good value, however on closer inspection many of the choices were cheap options - Starters: Soup, Salad, Melon, with one decent option - Prawns. Main: Carbonana, Chicken & Veg Stir Fry, Steak (which was a little tough) and Fish. The food was served very quickly, almost rushed. What really annoyed me though was my visit to the ladies, there was no soap again. On all of my visits this year the soap dispenser has been completely empty, I actually don't think it is ever re-filled. I informed the staff (as I usually do) but they did not seem too bothered, just thanked me for letting them know. I don't think I will be going back.

• Visited December 2012