“I paid for monkey food...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of GRT Nature Trails Hotel

You added GRT Nature Trails Hotel to your Saves list
GRT Nature Trails Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   20th Hairpin Bend,Salem-Yercaud Main Road, Yercaud 636602, India   |
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Yercaud
Bangalore
“I paid for monkey food...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This was my third trip to sky roca and the experience this time made me decide that I had had enough...
We were travelling with our 4 year old daughter. We reached there at around 12:30 pm...but they didn't allow us to checkin till 2 pm which is the official checkin time...that was fine..we thought of having some food at the restaurant...when we went there we were told that we can only have the buffet...we can not order anything else....but we can order from there room. Since we were not given the room till 2 we had to stay hungry...
Anyways, the checkin was good..
The view from the room as usual is very good. They have put grass turf in all the balconies which I liked. The beds are bad...I think they have not changed the mattresses in a very long time or may be never...so it has become uncomfortable..also they join two separate cots to make a king size bed...hence there is a gap between the mattresses which is very irritating.
The worst part of the stay was the quality of food at dinner. Even though they have a number of options, the quality is not good..some tasted stale and some tasted bad..and 600 bucks for that..I think it's not worth it..
The swimming pool is good...but for going to the swimming pool you will have to climb down a lot of stairs and climb up once you are done...little bit inconvenient.
The service at the restaurant needs a lot of improvement..whereas room service and other services were good.
Finally during check out I was surprised to find a inflated mini bar charge...because I had not consumed anything...but I had done the mistake of forgetting to close the balcony door while going for breakfast....the monkeys have raided my room during that time and had cleaned all the chips, biscuits and other things that were there outside...even though its my mistake, I was a bit disappointed because I had to pay for monkey food..
So it might be a good idea to ask the hotel staff to remove everything from your room, if you are not planning to consume it...

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at GRT Nature Trails Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review posted on Trip Advisor. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. Also noted your concern on food and we will certainly look in to the same and initiate all corrective measures.

Look forward to have you stay with us again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Yercaud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Planned a short getaway from Bangalore and booked this hotel for a short break. Booked the panorama view room. The room offered great view of the valley and Salem town. The room had a lovely balcony and provided a great view. Here are the +s:
1. Lovely view of the valley.
2. breathtaking view of Salem by night (book a room with a good view of Salem. not all rooms offer that)
3. Hotel is relatively new and well maintained.
4. Infinity pool at the resort
5. Good breakfast ea/games for kids
6. Some outdoor play ar

The -s:
1. For a small town resort with nothing other than the views from the room and a pool, this resort is very expensive.
2. Yercaud is a small hill station and can be disappointing. it really is a poor man's Ooty.
3. Sometimes monkeys come to the balcony. I'm told they know where the mini bar is and will grab the snacks from the mini bar if the doors/windows are left open. There is a security who uses a catapult to drive them off the resort (didn't like that... there should be other more human ways to deal with the guests)

Room Tip: Choose a room with view of Salem city. The view of "Salem by night" is mesmerizing. Not al...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Yercaud. We sincerely appreciate and thank you for sparing your valuable time and posting such a delightful review on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement. Your recognition of facilities of our resort, quality of our food and service is indeed heart warming. It will give me a great pleasure to share your compliments with the team.

We hope that GRT Nature Trails Sky Rocca, Yercaud remains your preferred resort on all your future visits to Yercaud and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for some place near Bangalore to spend 3 days and as I have read about GRT nature trails from trip advisor . I thought of trying out .

Just 30 km from the main city . It just takes 35- 40 mins to reach here from Salem .

Husband and I booked a pent house which has a jacuzzi . First view of the resort was nothing great . But as soon as we reached our room it was just perfect . The big sit out is my favourite place in the room . First day we had our lunch there .

Best things about the resort :

8 k for a pent house with jacuzzi , it's a steal .
The staff is really helpful and smiling always .
I was coughing in the lift the guy ran and got me glass of water which was really sweet .
I must mention about the food , I never find this good food anywhere . I mean everything we order was just yummylicious .
We ordered almost all the meals of our stay in the room . They say that they will take 25 mins but it always come before that .
The view from the rooms is just amazing .

I'm writing this while I'm still here . My check out is tomorrow but since I love the place so much I wanted to give an early review .

About yerucad . Don't expect too much . There is nothing much to do / see around . My idea of vacation this time was just relaxing . So it doesn't matter to me but if you are coming thinking this place as Jill station like munnar or something then it's not the right place .

I think the only attraction here is GRT nature trails :) . Come here to unwind yourself and a relaxing holiday when you just want to spend time with your loved one .

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed every bit of your stay with and experience all the facilities. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services and facilities as it is what we strive for everyday.

We all look forward to welcome you again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We Booked a Pent house,it was really a nice stay with GRT. Attractive big room, modern design, clean, nice Vally view. Water cooker for tea and coffee, and my child was really enjoyed with the Adventure park and Swimming pool. If you want a stay in Yercaud don't look any other hotel, location wise ,service wise I think it is the best hotel in Yercaud.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at GRT Nature Trails Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your stay experience at GRT Nature Trails Sky Rocca, Yercaud on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that you found our resort great and service levels are exemplary. It is our constant Endeavour to deliver excellent services to make our guests feel special in every aspect during their stay with us and appreciation such as your increase our motivation to continuously aspire to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We visited this property all of a sudden, when a friend egged us on to visit Yercaud along with them. The property is a nice one. Location is awesome. Set against the hills, the view from the Valley View rooms is amazing. At night, we could see the lights glittering in the plains below. I had witnessed a similar view, looooong back, in Manali from where I could see the lights of Shimla after dark.

The hotel is well maintained, though I need to add one thing here. There's a terrace and a skywalk which is beautiful. The terrace is covered with some synthetic stuff which looks like grass, not astroturf, something else. Our kids (1 and 2 years old) were playing there merrily when I spotted a rusty screw lying around! On looking further found three more. That was very risky. Luckily, no one was hurt. Brought it to the notice of the management who promised to take action and apologised for it. The room decor in the valley view rooms were nice. The walls had a unfinished stone clad look, which though looked good, was a bit of a concern for me since i had a baby around who was very keen on exploring everything. I was very sure that there would be a bruised nose and face, since he has this habit of rubbing his face onto everything, but luckily nothing happened. So all good :)

The buffet spread was elaborate, to say the least. Taste was okay, nothing special. The breakfast spread had croissant, danish and other baked goodies. I am disappointed to say this but they seriously need to do something about their baking. The croissants were stiff and hard like anything and so were the danish pastries. Otherwise it was okay. The restaurant did not serve a la carte though, maybe because the place was full...i guess, it made more sense on their part to opt for the buffet. You could order a la carte only if you were taking room service, which i did one afternoon. Because eating buffet meals thrice a day was a bit too much! Room service was pretty fast. The restaurant service was very good.

But the housekeeping department needs to improve. We had to keep on reminding them to clean our room. Finally when they arrive, they take out the dirty towels but don't put new ones. There was a spill on our floor, thanks to my one year old, and we requested housekeeping to clean it up. Nobody turned up and finally I myself cleaned it up.These are not big issues but once such minor things are taken care of, it makes the experience so much more pleasant.
There are lots of activities. The men in our group let us relax in peace one afternoon when they busied themselves with table tennis and fussball :) There's a swimming pool as well and the kids had fun. But the water was cold in the morning. Would have been good if the pool was temperature controlled. The mini pool for babies is pretty good. There were some activities also in the evenings...bonfire n all in the amphitheatre...but we were out at the time...

Overall it was a good stay and we had a lot of fun. It's equally good for groups and couples. Nothing can beat the view :)

Room Tip: Avoid room 207. The balcony is just a narrow strip.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at GRT Nature Trails Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced all the facilities. I will share your comments with our team and I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we always strive hard to improve the quality of our services. We also made a note of your concern on house keeping services and assure you that we will certainly initiate necessary corrective measures and the same will be rectified with immediate effect.

We thank you once again, look forward to have you stay with us again and hope to exceed your expectations by truly demonstrating our service philosophy of “The promise of More"...

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Yercaud best to be visited in rainy season and cold season.

This resort is at very good location. You will have view of valley from your balcony itself. Awesome location and indeed very good property.
* location , property and staff --- 5/5

Room are good but some problem we faced, like shower, water drainage and no stopper in window . I too valley view room , it's superb.
* room --- 4/5

Food became a problem , it was not according to price, it was o.k
* food --- 3/5

* I don't want to blame it to hotel, untill I am completely sure . I just want to bring in notice of manager that I took morning free breakfast given by hotel, and after 3 hr when I was returning I vomitted ( I guess French toast ). I would request to manager please check if they are giving fresh food or not. My driver was also complaining that he took meal in night and that was stale. ..... Or may be I just suffered from bad health, so I won't put blame on hotel.

Room Tip: I liked valley view room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review posted on Trip Advisor. We are delighted by your positive feedbacks, also noted the points you have highlighted with concern and assure you that the respective corrective measures will be initiated with no time spared to ensure your next stay with us will be comfortable as you wished.

sheriff@grthotels.com
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Really enjoyed one night stay here. Very clean and well maintained and excellent view from the hotel balcony. Like the concept of glass floor and artificial grass floor in the balcony and terrace. Food was good, specially the in room dining menu.

Room Tip: Select valley view or panoramic view rooms if you enjoy nature. These rooms are spacious, well maint...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SHERIFFMOHD, General Manager at GRT Nature Trails Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Yercaud

Been to GRT Nature Trails Hotel? Share your experiences!