We stayed here for 3 nights, and found nothing delightful. Go somewhere else, or wait for them to complete their renovation. But still, eat SOMEWHERE ELSE.
1. Upon arrival, I realised that the advertised "welcome drink" is a farce. The juice dispenser in their reception was dry all through our trip. It's not about a glass of drink, but about weaseling people for a glass of drink. Don't advertise what you DON'T have.
2. The food there was just as bad as it could get. Every time some kind of potato curry was left over in the dinner buffet, there would be bodged tasting mashed potato for breakfast the following morning. Anyone wants to guess where the mashed potatoes came from? My stomach got upset badly, and I had to go out and eat since then. Food was reused every time possible. The food and beverages manager tried to sell me a seriously overpriced 'package' which will include all meals. I am glad I decided to try their food once before I make my mind on buying that package.
3. We were taken to a very, very shabby room that was completely worn out. There was a frog inside the commode. I called them up and told them there's no way I paid for this dilapidation of a room. They then took me to another room, which was recently renovated. The new room was better in every way, but fell short of expectations in the sense that the TV never worked, the bathroom didn't have a exhaust of any kind (was smelling damp and mushy all the time as a result), and there was a strong smell of veneer inside the room. It was otherwise a great room.
4. Sadly, we couldn't enjoy this room because the hotel staff thought it was OK for them to do all kinds of renovation activities around our room, all through the day, even past 10 PM. We couldn't rest for a moment even.
5. There was this bunch of people staying in an adjacent wing making loud noises in the night, yelling and hollering like animals. Upon complaining by calling the reception, the staff did nothing. I called them back and told that I'll go deal with these people on my own if they don't do something about it. They then sent some security guard over there and asked them to calm down. I wonder why couldn't this have been done right away, especially given the fact that this drama was unfolding at 12.30 AM.
6. My phone had trouble with connecting and operating with their WIFI, so I asked if I can use one of their computers. The receptionist happily agreed, and asked me to use their computer. They then added a charge to my checkout bill for this. I don't have a problem for paying what I use, but they should have told me that this was a chargeable service.
I should give them 1 star (which is what I decided on while starting this review), but I'm changing it to 2 because I had a good time in Yercaud (not in this resort though), and it's a very beautiful place.
Go here only if their renovation is entirely done, and if they can assure you of quiet and peaceful sleep. And whatever you do, DON'T eat in their restaurant. They cook and serve old, reheated, and unsafe food.
Ask them for one of the rooms that have been renovated. They try to sell the old rooms first, which...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.