“Only ok.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rosscarbery
Cork
“Only ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Recently stayed in the Celtic Ross for a family occasion. The good points are a beautiful location and friendly reception staff and a very adequate breakfast except for the awful coffee! The negatives I'm afraid were a rather long list. While the bed linen etc was spotless, the rooms were quite outdated with an old style TV up on the dressing table and no faceclothes in the bathroom. On the way to my room at approximately 3:30pm there was a room service tray with dirty dishes on the corridor, it was still there 12 hours later....no excuses for that! The following morning and I understand that this was outside the hotel's control, there was no hot water available, therefore no showers. I would have expected some reduction in the bill or some gesture but nothing! The food was only ok.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

good value here, nice hotel, good food, rooms are fine, nice breakfast, leisure facilities and a good bar with outdoor area on the coast. Staff (when the turn up) are very friendly. Only thing is you could be waiting a long time to be served. It's sometimes like they are not interested in you. Hello?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We are just back from a four night stay with Edwards Coaches .Well done Celtic Ross .Room 204 beautiful view .Lovely room spotless. Food was excellent and well done to the young staff. For they worked so hard .Thank you for looking after us so well .I had a family meal our last night well looked after .The entertainment the last night was excellent my relations got up and danced .Well done Celtic Ross .Would well recommend this lovely situated Hotel .Only regret our stay was not longer

Room Tip: We had room 204 some road noise view from room lovely.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

from the moment we booked to when we lefted we had excellent friendly service maxine was so helpful booked a taxi to bring us to our party taxi driver john lewis told us some of the history around rosscarbery great service anyone looking for a lovely place to stay go to the celtic ross hotel value for money great staff beauiful hotel we ll be back

Room Tip: we had a lovely room facing the sea asked for a room near the ground and got what we wanted
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tipperary, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights, 2 adults and 2 children. Staff really welcoming. Really friendly with my children and even one lovely lady (member of staff) giving them a treat of chocolate bars. Rooms were basic but clean. Also where our room was located it was very quiet, a great plus not to be woken up by noise outside the bedroom! Children loved the pool. A lovely size. Breakfast was lovely.
We ate in the bar on first night but found portions for the adult not large enough. I wasn't that hungry when I ordered a chicken wrap that came with chips, but it didn't fill me. Chip portions very small.
Also I had a treatment in the Holisitc Suite. It is small and I felt a bit rushed but i was cross afterwards as I read description of my treatment and it said it included a relaxing foot massage which I did not get. I paid €35.00 for Callus Peel and a Toe nail paint (no shape). I was disappointed when i did not get the foot massage (I got cream rubbed in after peel, but no massage, it took seconds rubbing in cream). Maybe if I hadn't looked for my nails to be painted they might have had the time. Therapist was friendly. Great stay though and definitely will be back.

• Stayed June 2013
Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just back from a 4 night stay in The Celtic Ross Hotel with my husband and our 11 month old baby girl. We had a wonderful stay there. We were lucky enough to have fantastic weather for the time we were staying there. The hotel is located in a beautiful setting, perfect base for touring around West Cork. We found that the staff were just excellent - they got to know us & could not do enough for us. I would highly recommend this hotel for a break in West Cork. Food, staff & service just excellent. A special mention for Kathy on reception, Una in the restaurant and the blond girl who sterilised our baby's bottles for us each morning, they were just lovely! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a visit to West Cork.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Superb value for money. This hotel completely surpassed all of our expectations and we're kind of fussy when it comes to room and food standards. We booked it on a whim and did nt really have great expectations.As it turns out we had a ball and would definitely recommend this place to anyone who enjoys greal food, good clean
rooms with a pool in a quiet coastal village. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Celtic Ross Hotel? Share your experiences!