I was very impressed with this place. Service was great, staff extremely friendly & accommodating. Saw earlier posts regarding homophobia & although I'm heterosexual, I took my best girlfriend after my husband passed away in 2013. Needed a vacation! In fact, my friend & I pretended to be newlyweds & everyone was completely ok with it (maybe because we're females). Had the drinks not been free, we would've had many bought for us. :-)
The food was much better than I expected (& I'm picky). I have only two complaints: THE DRINKS ARE WATERED DOWN! I'm the heaviest drinker of the group & after three triple vodkas with no buzz, I knew something was amiss. My friends were drinking doubles & noticed the same. A "double" in TX will give me a buzz. Who knows.....maybe my liver is thanking me.
The other issue was internet service. The resorts service provider was down frequently & after the storm rolled through with power outage (not for long), my plugged in IPad & Sound Conditioner stopped working. I let their IT person take both devices (they were ON IT) when I inquired. Both were delivered back to me within hours, fixed, & my internet charge taken off my bill.
Although not allowed to tip, I did leave money for the maid with room stocking requests. The money sat on the table the entire time.....they wouldn't take it. Don't get me wrong. There are those that will accept tips but it's done under the table, so to speak.
All in all, great experience & I highly recommend Honeymoon Suite. After all, I just got married, right?
My friend toured Sandals Negril. She said there's no comparison to Whitehouse. I felt safe, was safe, & had a blast! Hope this helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe.Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now.World Travel Awards:Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company”, 16 years in a row.Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row.Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort”Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No.4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica