It's taken me way to long to post this review and to rave about how much we love this resort.
My husband and I debated between several Sandals resorts and ultimately decided to go back to Whitehouse. While it’s one of the larger properties we’ve been too, it was also one of the best. We were absolutely thrilled that we returned and I cannot say enough about all the changes that they’ve made recently and how amazing the staff is at this resort. We were there celebrating our anniversary and they made sure that we had a special week and a special evening on our anniversary.
I won’t go into great detail about the specifics. I echo so many of the comments here on Trip Advisor. The food is good and there’s a huge selection of places to eat. The beach and the entire resort is beautiful and well maintained, the service is outstanding and the staff is by far, the best of any resort we’ve ever stayed. There are a ton of options at this resort which is one of the reasons that we went back – tons to eat, drink, lots of activities, 3 pools, and overall just a wonderful place to lose yourself.
Several years ago Mr. G took over as the general manager of the resort and we noticed a marked difference from our last visit. He is around ever y day, helping out his staff, talking to folks staying at the resort, and you can tell how much he cares and how much he works with the staff there to make your visit exactly what you want.
Updates - They added some new fire pits around the piazza which is wonderful, lots of extra seating for the evenings and outdoor activities. The Jerk Pit is on the beach and serves delicious jerk chicken and pork during the day. Some of the rooms have been updated in the French village and they are going to add a pub in 2014 we were told during our visit which we have enjoyed at other Sandals locations so we were happy to hear that they would be adding another venue to the resort.
This place is special. The staff are simply amazing. The management at this resort are special and we were beyond impressed. In the past, we had been invited to the manager’s returning guest dinner and hadn’t attended. This year, we decided to go as it was on our last night and we wanted to attend so we could tell the managers how much we had loved every minute of our time during our week stay. It was a super fun evening – if you have a chance and are returning guests who are invited, go! It’s a great time. There were over 150 people at this dinner, which just shows you how many people love Sandals and how special this place really is. We were able to dine with Monica, one of the managers and it was such a fun evening, getting to know her and other couples who have been to Sandals multiple times. There were so many other folks that had been to Whitehouse before – and we all agreed that it’s our home away from home.
Things to definitely do during the week – the Beach Party, White Night, see the steel drum band on Saturday night (they are SO talented and it’s a lot of fun), and make a trip to the Martini bar. Fletcher, Romeo and the other guys will take good care of you. Most fun we’ve had in a long time hanging out with them.
From the moment we got there, until Mr. G and a large group of staff sang to us as we were getting ready to board the bus to the airport and leave, it was simply amazing. I cannot say enough about the wonderful people that work at this resort who work extremely hard to make sure you are having a wonderful vacation. A special thank you our concierge Clive for the special treats on our anniversary and for just checking in all week to see how we were. We felt endlessly blessed and spoiled, it was a perfect week. We cannot wait to go back! Kudos to the staff, management and extraordinary people who work here!! You touched our hearts and we have a very special place in our hearts for each of you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe.Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now.World Travel Awards:Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company”, 16 years in a row.Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row.Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort”Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No.4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Prestigia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica